Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Russell wilson anyone

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Funny how he became an average coach when the salary cap structure changed.
    He never was great coach, IMO. Nice good rah-rah players' coach, who underachieved when he had the talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    He never was great coach, IMO. Nice good rah-rah players' coach, who underachieved when he had the talent.
    IIRC he was often brought up as an example of why bringing in a new coach was not a big risk.

As with most coaches, talent power cap dollar is really important. And good QBs on rookie deals are almost an unfair advantage.

Hopefully we can hit on a rookie QB next time we try.

Backup

User Info Menu

Rookie deals are the way to go for QB. I'm watching what Billy Boy is doing in NE, and how he is building pieces around Mac to succeed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would think any team that looks to trade for him would re do the contract. then you can play with the numbers to make it more cap friendly.

the bigger issue is the cost. rumors were the bears offered 3 first rounders this past year and seattle turned it down.
    i DOUBT IF offered that again they would turn it down.
    I don't think another team will offer that much so maybe they accept 2 1st rounders now if indeed the rumors are true that carol wants to trade him

I think 2 first rounders is doable for the teams looking to add him. he becomes your 1st rd draft pick this year and a more then likely (for us anyway) a late 1st round pick in 2024

that's barely more then what we traded for a sub 6 foot ILB that can't tackle
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 11-24-2021 at 12:25 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

We're talking about Carroll here, not Tomlin ..

Legend

User Info Menu

Russell isn't playing well, his finger must still be bothering him.

something is definitely wrong in Seahawks land, wonder if this is Pete Carroll's last season with them?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You can't win SBs with a market leading QB contract. It means there is too little left to build a team around. What has Carroll done with Wilson since they gave him his current contract?? Answer; nothing.
    I canít buy that; because Matt Ryan was two running plays in the late 4th quarter of a super bowl away from winning a chip.

So it can be done.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Seahags just fell to 3-8, 27 first downs for WFT and only 10 for Seattle.

Wilson is unhappy, looks like Carroll is being exposed as not that good of a coach.

Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 11-30-2021 at 02:53 AM.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Seahags just fell to 3-8, 27 first downs for WFT and only 10 for Seattle.

Wilson is unhappy, looks like Carroll is being exposed as not that good of a coach.
    Carroll should step down, he's the oldest HC in the league I believe and he's just not doing a good job at all at this point. He actually reminds me of Cowher in some ways, both installed some great defenses, both rah rah type coaches and neither are exactly offensively minded guys.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Rookie deals are the way to go for QB. I'm watching what Billy Boy is doing in NE, and how he is building pieces around Mac to succeed.
    One future problem is Mac Jones doesn't have an ultra-rich wife so it's unlikely he takes an undermarket deal when his rookie contract is up. In fact, he may try to get a market setting deal if his play continues.