Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Russell wilson anyone

Backup

User Info Menu

Too expensive, even if he would be a good fit.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crushedspirit View Post
    Too expensive, even if he would be a good fit.
    Any good QB is or will be expensive. Itís a necessary expense. Only way to avoid it temporarily is to draft one and thatís hit or miss. Wilson is proven.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I like Russell Wilson. Think he is touched by Godís hand..

just not sure his contract is sustainable.
    Seahawks would incur a $26 million cap hit next season if they traded Wilson.

and there's his $37 and $40 million salaries the next two seasons.

not gonna happen.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Any good QB is or will be expensive. It’s a necessary expense. Only way to avoid it temporarily is to draft one and that’s hit or miss. Wilson is proven.
    Everyone seems so against doing it through the draft because to give up a lot to get a first round QB and it's so hit and miss; and I get that. But the other option at least gives us a guy that is proven. To get a QB that can do the job, it's going to be expensive. It is what it is. Atleast with Wilson you know you've got a guy who can do it. No worries.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Everyone seems so against doing it through the draft because to give up a lot to get a first round QB and it's so hit and miss; and I get that. But the other option at least gives us a guy that is proven. To get a QB that can do the job, it's going to be expensive. It is what it is. Atleast with Wilson you know you've got a guy who can do it. No worries.
    yet another one of your pipe dreams that's not gonna happen.

maybe we should sign Josh Rosen like you suggested earlier?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Seahawks would incur a $26 million cap hit next season if they traded Wilson.

and there's his $37 and $40 million salaries the next two seasons.

not gonna happen.
    Agreed.

Hawks would be crazy to take $26 million in the shorts to deal him (they might get rid of Carroll before they would dump Russell anyway). Steelers wouldn't be able to fill most of our many needs if we acquire his high charge against the cap.

Extremely unlikely he comes here.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

It won't happen for the reasons stated but I do like him as a QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    You can't win SBs with a market leading QB contract. It means there is too little left to build a team around. What has Carroll done with Wilson since they gave him his current contract?? Answer; nothing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    It won't happen for the reasons stated but I do like him as a QB.
    Me too. Tremendous player.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    You can't win SBs with a market leading QB contract. It means there is too little left to build a team around. What has Carroll done with Wilson since they gave him his current contract?? Answer; nothing.
    Funny how he became an average coach when the salary cap structure changed.