Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Russell wilson anyone

Backup

User Info Menu

Russell wilson anyone

Aaron Rogers or Russell Wilson? Both may be options next year. Who's your pick? Me, anything less than a 7 win season I'm for trading up for a top 5 QB pick. Anything over a 7 win season I'm for Wilson.

Legend

User Info Menu

Bad as I hate to say it..this is a 6-10 football team. The offensive line is the catalist for success.. and it's a weak point for this team... not getting fixed this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would take him in a heartbeat.

Hell, Geno Smith looked good before the interception last night and that wasn’t his fault. Marched them 95 yards down the field with eaee on his first drive when he replaced Wilson due to the finger injury.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Definitely on Wilson. But I just don't see the Steelers being able to bring in someone like him or Rodgers.

Another QB I always thought was starter-material is Markus Mariota. And he's still young.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Definitely on Wilson. But I just don't see the Steelers being able to bring in someone like him or Rodgers.

Another QB I always thought was starter-material is Markus Mariota. And he's still young.
    If we aren't able to draft someone next season, I hope we have a battle of the cast offs.

We already have Haskins.
    Maybe try to get another cast off like MM.

Have them compete for a job with Mason.

Those type of guys might not want to be in a competition like that if there's a place they feel like they will get the starting no from the jump.

But if they are choosing between places where they'd compete to win a job, I think the Steelers might be an attractive option.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    If we aren't able to draft someone next season, I hope we have a battle of the cast offs.

We already have Haskins.
    Maybe try to get another cast off like MM.

Have them compete for a job with Mason.

Those type of guys might not want to be in a competition like that if there's a place they feel like they will get the starting no from the jump.

But if they are choosing between places where they'd compete to win a job, I think the Steelers might be an attractive option.
    Intersting idea. MM also has run skills.

Frankly, I believe MM is inquestinably better than Mason, but would compete against Haskins unproven upside.

If we did that, I'd simply be done with Mason who'd only take away snaps.

Another plus is if MM won the job his skill set is geared towards Canada's offense.

He could be better under Canada than he's ever been.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I’m all in on Mariota. Make it happen Colbert & Tomlin! He’s clearly better than anyone we have now. Better than a gamble on this years crop of college QBs IMO

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Intersting idea. MM also has run skills.

Frankly, I believe MM is inquestinably better than Mason, but would compete against Haskins unproven upside.

If we did that, I'd simply be done with Mason who'd only take away snaps.

Another plus is if MM won the job his skill set is geared towards Canada's offense.

He could be better under Canada than he's ever been.
    I agree with you on Mason.

That's why I hope he gets a bunch of snaps this year so that we can confirm if what we saw in the Mason year is Mason and we can move on to getting multiple options with more upside next season...and hopefully one of those lottery tickets pays off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are we going to use high draft picks to put some real talent on the O-line? Are we going to use free agency to get real O-line talent? Neither would come here to play behind the current cast of linemen we have.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    Aaron Rogers or Russell Wilson? Both may be options next year. Who's your pick? Me, anything less than a 7 win season I'm for trading up for a top 5 QB pick. Anything over a 7 win season I'm for Wilson.
    Matt Ryan may be on the move as well.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.