Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Russell wilson anyone

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Funny how he became an average coach when the salary cap structure changed.
    He never was great coach, IMO. Nice good rah-rah players' coach, who underachieved when he had the talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    He never was great coach, IMO. Nice good rah-rah players' coach, who underachieved when he had the talent.
    IIRC he was often brought up as an example of why bringing in a new coach was not a big risk.

As with most coaches, talent power cap dollar is really important. And good QBs on rookie deals are almost an unfair advantage.

Hopefully we can hit on a rookie QB next time we try.

Backup

User Info Menu

Rookie deals are the way to go for QB. I'm watching what Billy Boy is doing in NE, and how he is building pieces around Mac to succeed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would think any team that looks to trade for him would re do the contract. then you can play with the numbers to make it more cap friendly.

the bigger issue is the cost. rumors were the bears offered 3 first rounders this past year and seattle turned it down.
    i DOUBT IF offered that again they would turn it down.
    I don't think another team will offer that much so maybe they accept 2 1st rounders now if indeed the rumors are true that carol wants to trade him

I think 2 first rounders is doable for the teams looking to add him. he becomes your 1st rd draft pick this year and a more then likely (for us anyway) a late 1st round pick in 2024

that's barely more then what we traded for a sub 6 foot ILB that can't tackle
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 11-24-2021 at 12:25 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    We're talking about Carroll here, not Tomlin ..