Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Russell wilson anyone

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think those worried about a different QB behind this OL have to remember we are watching a 39 year old behind this OL.

Watch younger QB’s under pressure they get hit too but most also move their feet quickly when protection breaks down.
    And we saw Russell Wilson complaining about his poor offensive line this off season. So much so, people thought he was going to be moved. Wilson has shown he is no fan of playing behind a poor O-line.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    And we saw Russell Wilson complaining about his poor offensive line this off season. So much so, people thought he was going to be moved. Wilson has shown he is no fan of playing behind a poor O-line.
    He also gave the team an ultimatum of paying him top dollar on April 15 or else when he was up for his last contract in 2019.

If he wanted more protection he should’ve demanded they spend more on the OL and a little less on his services.

I have no pity for QB’s who get massive contracts and then whine about getting more help. 4 years $140 mill and the highest paid player in the NFL when he. signed that contract. Doesn’t leave much room to sign quality protection.

I’m a Russell Wilson fan but he takes 20 yard drops (due to his height) which puts more stress on the OT’s because he can’t step up in the pocket.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-08-2021 at 07:29 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wilson has shown he is no fan of playing behind a poor O-line.
    as opposed to all of those other QBs who love playing behind a poor O-line.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Russell Wilson underwent surgery on his finger today, he will miss the game against us.

Geno Smith will get the start.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Russell Wilson underwent surgery on his finger today, he will miss the game against us.

Geno Smith will get the start.
    Wilson is out around six weeks. Ouch for the Seahawks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    No he isn't! You guys are talking crazy. MM has been a failure everywhere he has been. He isn't an improvement.
    By what standard is Mason better, heck on par with Mariota?

Even if you talk about Mason not having time to prove himself...Mariota was better AS A ROOKIE much better in season 2 than we have ever seen with Mason.
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 10-09-2021 at 03:58 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Heís no more frail than Brady! Itís shocking Brady isnít injured more.
    Brady would have never accepted nor enabled the mediocre at best offensive coordinators and/or the crap offensive lines the steelers have given Ben. Admit it, he's NEVER had a $hit line. Ever.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hearing the Rumblings of Pete Carroll and Wilson not seeing eye to eye. He could be the answer to a team that is ready to win right now.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hearing the Rumblings of Pete Carroll and Wilson not seeing eye to eye. He could be the answer to a team that is ready to win right now.
    if only we had traded ALMOST all of our draft picks to move up to #1 for Trevor Lawrence as you proposed.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Russell Wilson. Think he is touched by God’s hand..

just not sure his contract is sustainable.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?