Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Russell wilson anyone

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I’m all in on Mariota. Make it happen Colbert & Tomlin! He’s clearly better than anyone we have now. Better than a gamble on this years crop of college QBs IMO
    the knock on Mariota is he gets injured a lot because he has a thin build.

    but I'm all for giving him a chance, can never have enough Hawaii boyz on your team!
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    It’s a tough call. I really think o-line is the priority. But IF there is a franchise QB available by free agent or draft and the Steelers think the O-line is developing as expected, then thats the way to go. But if we can’t afford Rogers/Wilson etc and there are no top 10 prospects, I think we roll the dice on mason or DH and go for the beef.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Iím all in on Mariota. Make it happen Colbert & Tomlin! Heís clearly better than anyone we have now. Better than a gamble on this years crop of college QBs IMO
    No he isn't! You guys are talking crazy. MM has been a failure everywhere he has been. He isn't an improvement.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    It’s a tough call. I really think o-line is the priority. But IF there is a franchise QB available by free agent or draft and the Steelers think the O-line is developing as expected, then thats the way to go. But if we can’t afford Rogers/Wilson etc and there are no top 10 prospects, I think we roll the dice on mason or DH and go for the beef.
    If you try to get a "FRANCHISE" QB via trade or free agency it will cost you so much you won't have the money to either get better OL or retain key defensive free agents...pipe dream.

    The draft is a crap shoot. This year there is NO ONE in the draft at QB who projects to be as good as Ben. IMO you may get the next Derek Carr or Kirk Cousins out of this draft and I think we already have that in Mason Rudolph. IMO the QB wildcard in this draft is Malik Willis out of Liberty. Seems dynamic but playing lower level talent...but so was Trey Lance. Then again Lance has not proven anything yet.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

  5. #15
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    the knock on Mariota is he gets injured a lot because he has a thin build.

    but I'm all for giving him a chance, can never have enough Hawaii boyz on your team!
    Heís no more frail than Brady! Itís shocking Brady isnít injured more.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    Iím all in on Mariota. Make it happen Colbert & Tomlin! Heís clearly better than anyone we have now. Better than a gamble on this years crop of college QBs IMO
    Funny, they wouldn't give Marriota a sniff when he was out there before the Raiders signed him.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Funny, they wouldn't give Marriota a sniff when he was out there before the Raiders signed him.
    and how has Mariota done as a Raider?

    wow, we really missed out huh?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I really want Rodgers but we’ll be stuck with Rudolph. How’s that for a buzz kill?

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I think those worried about a different QB behind this OL have to remember we are watching a 39 year old behind this OL.

    Watch younger QB’s under pressure they get hit too but most also move their feet quickly when protection breaks down.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Funny, they wouldn't give Marriota a sniff when he was out there before the Raiders signed him.
    and to think we had a shot at drafting Lamar Jackson...
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •