Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: What happened to Pierre?

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I wouldn't go that far. yes he made a play on the last snap

    he gave up the long TD to sutton and would have been another if bridgewater puts a little more on it on the last drive

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Pierre doesn't have the long speed. Once WR's are even with Pierre they are able to run past him. Playing press coverage probably isn't his strong suit. Especially if there isn't any help over the top.

    The long TD pass was a teaching moment for Pierre. Don't give up a quick 6 or potential quick 6 in that situation. Give up the underneath passes but make the opposition work a little harder for the 6 while burning time off the clock.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    I wouldn't go that far. yes he made a play on the last snap

    he gave up the long TD to sutton and would have been another if bridgewater puts a little more on it on the last drive
    A play that helped seal the win.

    CB’s get burned from time to time. It was nice seeing him bounce back after giving up that TD.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  4. #14
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    A play that helped seal the win.

    CB’s get burned from time to time. It was nice seeing him bounce back after giving up that TD.
    consecutive drives is a little different then time to time

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    consecutive drives is a little different then time to time
    I like the way the game ended and hope this helps his confidence.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I like the way the game ended and hope this helps his confidence.
    Exactly. The int didn't really matter since it was fourth down anyway, but more important is that the coverage was so good that there was almost no way to complete a pass on that play.

  7. #17
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    The best play Pierre made was tackling Javonte Williams inside the five on his almost TD jaunt. The int was thrown almost directly to him. Pierre showed some make up speed and toughness to bring down Williams who is pretty fast and a load to tackle. That saved the Steelers four points since Bridgewater got sacked and pushed back so that Denver had to go for the field goal.

    The more Pierre plays, the more of a read I am getting on what type of player that he is. I certainly didn't think it would have been smart to start him full time as some people advocated. But I see a fairly tenacious and physical guy, who can be beat by faster and taller receivers. I still doubt he is actually 6' 2" . 6' 2" is pretty tall. I am a legit 6' 2.5 " so I know. He doesn't, from my long view, seem any or much taller than Sutton. But I like that he is a very competitive guy. He is still being picked on but if he gets another INT, they may start to back off.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    The best play Pierre made was tackling Javonte Williams inside the five on his almost TD jaunt. The int was thrown almost directly to him. Pierre showed some make up speed and toughness to bring down Williams who is pretty fast and a load to tackle. That saved the Steelers four points since Bridgewater got sacked and pushed back so that Denver had to go for the field goal.

    The more Pierre plays, the more of a read I am getting on what type of player that he is. I certainly didn't think it would have been smart to start him full time as some people advocated. But I see a fairly tenacious and physical guy, who can be beat by faster and taller receivers. I still doubt he is actually 6' 2" . 6' 2" is pretty tall. I am a legit 6' 2.5 " so I know. He doesn't, from my long view, seem any or much taller than Sutton. But I like that he is a very competitive guy. He is still being picked on but if he gets another INT, they may start to back off.
    And he is at least near the receiver in most cases, a far cry from some of the other CBs the Steelers have tried to make work. He's better than Layne that is for sure (had another stupid penalty against DEN).

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Pierre doesn't have the long speed. Once WR's are even with Pierre they are able to run past him. Playing press coverage probably isn't his strong suit. Especially if there isn't any help over the top.

    The long TD pass was a teaching moment for Pierre. Don't give up a quick 6 or potential quick 6 in that situation. Give up the underneath passes but make the opposition work a little harder for the 6 while burning time off the clock.

    This! Pierre's issues are technique and scheme. Both can be fixed to put him in more winnable situations but he is young and has to learn. That means you will see mistakes and bad plays. Hopefully Sutton is back this week
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •