Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: He has given up

Legend

User Info Menu

He has given up

Ben is just trying to make it through the season, he clearly has lost his desire to make plays when we need them.

and Tomlin can go too if he lets Ben continue to play like this.

yes, I’m still mad at these 4th down check downs.
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Saying Ben doesn’t care is BS.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Saying Ben doesn’t care is BS.
    not throwing past the sticks on 4th down is BS.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    not throwing past the sticks on 4th down is BS.
    That’s fair but attacking a HOF QBs desire is not. Sorry but that’s very weak.

Legend

User Info Menu

I do have a question - Not sure if it's Ben or Canada but there were 5 times in the first half where Harris carried on 1st down and got at least 4 yards (sometimes as much as 7 or 8 yards). And every time Ben threw on 2nd down. It was the perfect time to run on 2nd and see about establishing a run game. Who's making the call to throw? The play calling or Ben improvising is downright nonsensical at this point. They are 18-43 on 3rd down and 0-3 on 4th.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    That’s fair but attacking a HOF QBs desire is not. Sorry but that’s very weak.
    its not weak. Ben is a HOFer but he is at the end of his career.

Anyone who steps on this field opens themselves up to praise or ridicule based on their play.

and IMO this is part of the problem with holding onto players too long. There comes a time when you have to call it like you see it.

Ben has not thrown the ball like a HOFer on these 4th down plays. He is throwing the ball like a guy who doesn’t have that fire anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I do have a question - Not sure if it's Ben or Canada but there were 5 times in the first half where Harris carried on 1st down and got at least 4 yards (sometimes as much as 7 or 8 yards). And every time Ben threw on 2nd down. It was the perfect time to run on 2nd and see about establishing a run game. Who's making the call to throw? The play calling or Ben improvising is downright nonsensical at this point. They are 18-43 on 3rd down and 0-3 on 4th.
    We have no identity on offense. Its just pulling plays out of a hat right now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Don't think we needed a new thread for this, piling on Ben.

To say that he doesn't care and is giving up is ridiculous. Yes, he has played miserably. But you really think he wants to look old, tired, washed-up in front if Steeler Nation? In front of his wife and kids? In front of his teammates? He could have retired. He didn't.

He might be playing a little too cautious behind this "line" and certainly playing poorly. But giving up or not caring is ridiculous.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben is just trying to make it through the season, he clearly has lost his desire to make plays when we need them.

and Tomlin can go too if he lets Ben continue to play like this.

yes, I’m still mad at these 4th down check downs.
    Ben's attitude towards the game changed the minute they forced Haley on him & fired his friend Arians.

BEFORE it was win at all costs hold the ball & look for THE play.
    AFTER it was ok i'll check it down throw faster to prolong my career.

Legend

User Info Menu

its not weak. Ben is a HOFer but he is at the end of his career.

Anyone who steps on this field opens themselves up to praise or ridicule based on their play.

and IMO this is part of the problem with holding onto players too long. There comes a time when you have to call it like you see it.

Ben has not thrown the ball like a HOFer on these 4th down plays. He is throwing the ball like a guy who doesn’t have that fire anymore.
    These are all fair points but you’re saying he’s doesn’t care in your original post. That goes way beyond his physical limitations. I seriously doubt he’s “given up and lost his desire”.

This team has a laundry list of problems. Ben’s desire is at the bottom of the list.