Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The End is Near

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Queue Deshaun Watson....
    If he isn't playing to the "Mean Machine"

The Steelers might be the best thing for Watson to get his career back, but Houston is going to be ridiculous about their demands. Plus you will be taking on a major cap hit...so very unlikely
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No on Watson. Next game means everything for the Steelers. 3-3 or 2-4?
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Rookie QB on a rookie deal is fine but it's very hard to win games with a rookie QB starting. This might be what Tomlin was referring to.
    The first year will probably be bad. That could be what he meant (if he said it at all).

Maybe it was also a specific comment about the expected rookie QB class.

Or a comment he wanted out there so he could say in house that he supports the guys currently on the roster.

Again, this assumes it wasn't made up or taken out of context.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I don't think any HC wants a rookie QB starting. But for a lot of teams it's the reality they have to deal with.
    just look at all the rookie QBs playing this year, most are struggling.

Cowher had no plans for Ben to start as a rookie either, until an injury forced his hand.

that worked out very well...
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    The first year will probably be bad. That could be what he meant (if he said it at all).

Maybe it was also a specific comment about the expected rookie QB class.

Or a comment he wanted out there so he could say in house that he supports the guys currently on the roster.

Again, this assumes it wasn't made up or taken out of context.
    unless you have everything but a QB it can be an uphill battle playing a rookie QB.

it could also simply mean he would prefer to sit a rookie QB for a year before playing him.

Personally I think if you have a rookie you play them but some coaches treat the QB position differently than others.

Cowher didn’t plan on playing Ben his rookie year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?