Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strangeness in the NFL

Legend

User Info Menu

Strangeness in the NFL

While every Steeler fan is lamenting the state of the offense this season look what's going on with the SB frontrunners. KC and TB (and throw in SEA) have terrible defenses so far. KC is 30th, TB 26th, and SEA 32nd in yds allowed. And WFT has done a 180 from last season now with the 31st ranked defense. I've watched KC and parts of TB and WFT games and it's not a lie. TB secondary is getting lit up and KC's DL is a sieve. Amazing how things can turn so quickly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just 1 guy can make all the difference in a unit.

We’re a different D without Watt or without Haden.

I was worried we’d lose all our splash plays without Hilton. Take away Hilton, Buf, and Vince and you lose a lot of heart on the D. I think we coulda had some trouble, but we also went out and got some guys to fill the gaps.

it’s a fine line between good and bad in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Just 1 guy can make all the difference in a unit.

We’re a different D without Watt or without Haden.

I was worried we’d lose all our splash plays without Hilton. Take away Hilton, Buf, and Vince and you lose a lot of heart on the D. I think we coulda had some trouble, but we also went out and got some guys to fill the gaps.

it’s a fine line between good and bad in the NFL.
    I agree with the 'one guy' theory. That's why I'm hopeful the offense can turn around quickly with another draft focused on that side of the ball.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I agree with the 'one guy' theory. That's why I'm hopeful the offense can turn around quickly with another draft focused on that side of the ball.
    we need to draft OL early and often next year.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not saying not to draft offensive linemen but wouldn't that be an admission that they missed with Moore and Green? I wouldn't be surprised to see a CB taken in the first round to replace Haden or a FS if they don't think that signing Minkah is possible. The Steelers are a stubborn group and don't give up on their draft picks until they are certain it isn't in the cards for the player, see Jarvis Jones, Ziggy Hood, Limas Sweed, Rashard Mendenhall, etc.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm not saying not to draft offensive linemen but wouldn't that be an admission that they missed with Moore and Green?
    I don't think so.

there are still 3 other spots on the OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I'm not saying not to draft offensive linemen but wouldn't that be an admission that they missed with Moore and Green? I wouldn't be surprised to see a CB taken in the first round to replace Haden or a FS if they don't think that signing Minkah is possible. The Steelers are a stubborn group and don't give up on their draft picks until they are certain it isn't in the cards for the player, see Jarvis Jones, Ziggy Hood, Limas Sweed, Rashard Mendenhall, etc.

Pappy
    You’ve got a point.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    would you draft a WR early?

we will probably lose JuJu and James Washington.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    would you draft a WR early?

we will probably lose JuJu and James Washington.
    I think I'd wait only because the Steelers seem to be able to scout WRs really well and find mid to late round guys that can play. I'd use the Steelers main draft capital somewhere else but that's just me.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend

User Info Menu

While it has been ugly these past 2 games I’m trying to remain realistic when watching other teams.

Ravens needed a 66 yard FG to win and teams like KC and Seattle are also struggling to win.

If we can get healthy on D and we can get to 3-3 or 3-4 we might have a chance to turn things around.

Right now though, it looks like we could lose the next 3 games easily if we don’t play with a sense of urgency on offense.

I’m seeing a lot of guys on offense just standing around watching Najee get lit up instead of finishing off plays with a block. Claypool had a chance to block
    someone and just stood there on one play.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?