View Poll Results: Would you rather?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sneak into the playoffs with ~ 9 wins or so?

7 50.00%
  • Win 4 or 5 games and pick somewhere ~ 3-9?

7 50.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Easy choice. I’ll take a chance in the playoffs.

No draft pick is guaranteed.

Plus losing creates an inertia that’s hard to escape. Gotta win as much and as often as we can. Make winning a habit. It’s good for the culture and the future.
    I couldn't possibly agree more.

$$$$ post
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Effing hate losing, win as many as possible and sneak into the playoffs, always. Never concede, that's what losers do.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend

User Info Menu

Easy choice. Iíll take a chance in the playoffs.

Plus losing creates an inertia thatís hard to escape. Gotta win as much and as often as we can. Make winning a habit. Itís good for the culture and the future.
    At some point , we are going to HAVE TO depend on a draft pick to have a real QB of the future.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Effing hate losing, win as many as possible and sneak into the playoffs, always. Never concede, that's what losers do.

Pappy
    exactly.

whenever I hear someone suggest we should tank in order to get a higher draft pick, I cringe.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    I couldn’t agree more.

Legend

User Info Menu

Pappy
    No conceding; a strategic retreat is in need to retool and rebuild. Building for a brighter future.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    No conceding; a strategic retreat is in need to retool and rebuild. Building for a brighter future.
    you're one of the people here who believe in tanking.

that's because you're a loser, the Steelers fortunately would never do that.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think both answers on the poll are reasonable.

I'm really hoping that we don't land in the 6 - 9 wins but don't make the playoffs bin (e.g. the Buffalo Zone).

Legend

User Info Menu

Easy choice. Iíll take a chance in the playoffs.

Plus losing creates an inertia thatís hard to escape. Gotta win as much and as often as we can. Make winning a habit. Itís good for the culture and the future.
    This!!!! Playing games with losing to get a high pick has a high failure rate. This is what Detroit, Jacksonville, the Jets, etc do. It's not what we do or should ever do. You can't have a winning culture by mailing in a season here and there trying to be cute to get a certain pick.
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    what in the double talk is this?

Tanking IS a strategic retreat in hopes of a better future.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?