View Poll Results: Would you rather?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sneak into the playoffs with ~ 9 wins or so?

7 50.00%
  • Win 4 or 5 games and pick somewhere ~ 3-9?

7 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would you rather?

Legend

User Info Menu

Would you rather?

Win 9 games, sneak into the last wild card spot and see what happens in the playoffs.

Or win 4 or 5 games and pick in the top 3 - 9 (last year 4 wins gave a 4 way tie for 3-6th last and 5 wins gave a 3 way tie for 7-9).

Starter

User Info Menu

Yikes...

My heart will go with this one. I would love the 9 wins, sneak in and see a 2005 Road Warrior end to Ben's career.

Brothervad

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Win 9 games, sneak into the last wild card spot and see what happens in the playoffs.

Or win 4 or 5 games and pick in the top 3 - 9 (last year 4 wins gave a 4 way tie for 3-6th last and 5 wins gave a 3 way tie for 7-9).
    I picked 4 or 5 wins because I don't see how this team can string together 4 playoff wins.

And the rebuild starts in earnest next year no matter what. So being a middling team doesn't really help.

Plus, if we're really bad maybe we get a jump start on seeing if either of the other QBs are any good.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Yikes...

My heart will go with this one. I would love the 9 wins, sneak in and see a 2005 Road Warrior end to Ben's career.

Brothervad
    This would be an amazing end to Ben's career.

Legend

User Info Menu

As of now, and taking into account we have a head coach who can't win anyway, I'd rather secure the high draft pick in hopes of moving up for a franchise QB. But hey, we'd still have another year of bad football after that until we fix the O-line.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    As of now, and taking into account we have a head coach who can't win anyway
    do you know what Tomlin's win % is?
    Last edited by hawaiiansteel; 09-27-2021 at 05:45 PM.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

depends who the QB is.

if its ben. then i'd rather go 4/5 wins

if its rudolph and they can win 9 games. yes, i'll consider that a success and we can build off that nex year

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It depends on if they draft a qb with that high pick.
    Draft a qb or trade away for multiple first rounders, I’ll take the 5 wins.
    Update:
    In the last decade, 25% of the league has won a super bowl(the Steelers aren't one of them) and now 50% have as many or more playoff wins as the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by brothervad View Post
    Yikes...

Brothervad
    I’ll go with this one.

Legend

User Info Menu

Easy choice. Iíll take a chance in the playoffs.

No draft pick is guaranteed.

Plus losing creates an inertia thatís hard to escape. Gotta win as much and as often as we can. Make winning a habit. Itís good for the culture and the future.