Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 158

Thread: Ben is not the main problem!

  1. #131
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think that part of this is because he probably feels like he's never going to get time, so he's anticipating having to get rid of it quickly.

    That's probably not unreasonable given the current performance of the OL.
    I can see your point on that.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  2. #132
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I can see your point on that.
    I think that this is what players who are in media now mean when they say things like "you have to trust your guys".

    My guess is that it's hard for Ben (and Najee) to trust that at least one guy on the OL is going to let someone get in pretty freely.

    On Ramon Foster's show with DK, he talked about how he felt like you had to succeed around 97% of the time to be a good OL. That our guys might be succeeding 90% of the time. But often the play doesn't work if even 1 guy messes up. So the odds of the group success rate being good are low unless your all of the individual success rates are very (very) high.

    It's like every play is a 5 guy parlay bet. We need every guy to come through or the play fails. And high school stats class (not my favorite...maybe because of the teacher) tells us that the probability of multiple bets all working out is much less than any of the individual bets.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-03-2021 at 12:05 PM.

  3. #133
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    when Ben made that decision he wasnít under any pressure and had time to look into the end zone.
    Friermuth had also broken past the LB and had a step. Ben never looked that way.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  4. #134
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think that this is what players who are in media now mean when they say things like "you have to trust your guys".

    My guess is that it's hard for Ben (and Najee) to trust that at least one guy on the OL is going to let someone get in pretty freely.

    On Ramon Foster's show with DK, he talked about how he felt like you had to succeed around 97% of the time to be a good OL. That our guys might be succeeding 90% of the time. But often the play doesn't work if even 1 guy messes up. So the odds of the group success rate being good are low unless your all of the individual success rates are very (very) high.

    It's like every play is a 5 guy parlay bet. We need every guy to come through or the play fails. And high school stats class (not my favorite...maybe because of the teacher) tells us that the probability of multiple bets all working out is much less than any of the individual bets.
    Well, now the O-line gotta deal with Von Miller.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

    Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

  5. #135
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think that this is what players who are in media now mean when they say things like "you have to trust your guys".

    My guess is that it's hard for Ben (and Najee) to trust that at least one guy on the OL is going to let someone get in pretty freely.

    On Ramon Foster's show with DK, he talked about how he felt like you had to succeed around 97% of the time to be a good OL. That our guys might be succeeding 90% of the time. But often the play doesn't work if even 1 guy messes up. So the odds of the group success rate being good are low unless your all of the individual success rates are very (very) high.

    It's like every play is a 5 guy parlay bet. We need every guy to come through or the play fails. And high school stats class (not my favorite...maybe because of the teacher) tells us that the probability of multiple bets all working out is much less than any of the individual bets.
    the parlay is a great analogy cause it really highlights how hard this is.

    and that’s why I’m a big believer in compounding interest. If each guy gets a little better, the overall bet improved considerably. Small improvements add up slowly but surely. And it’s why we have seen a lot of Mikey T teams improve as the seasons goes on.

  6. #136
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well, now the O-line gotta deal with Von Miller.
    did you get a chance to see how Lamar Jackson dealt with Von Miller?

    LJ passed for 316 yards, raising his career record now to 37-13.

    what a total bust and flop in the NFL he has turned out to be, huh?
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  7. #137
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Well, now the O-line gotta deal with Von Miller.


    ​YIKES




    In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

    TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

  8. #138
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    the parlay is a great analogy cause it really highlights how hard this is.

    and that’s why I’m a big believer in compounding interest. If each guy gets a little better, the overall bet improved considerably. Small improvements add up slowly but surely. And it’s why we have seen a lot of Mikey T teams improve as the seasons goes on.
    Crossing my fingers.

    Thought they looked better against GB. Not good, but better.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 10-04-2021 at 07:14 AM.

  9. #139
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If Ben and JuJu connect on those pass plays I doubt we talk about how bad the OL is and how Ben didn’t have any time.

    but these passes behind the LOS have to stop on critical downs.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  10. #140
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post

    but these passes behind the LOS have to stop on critical downs.
    Maybe it's just me but it seems on 3rd or 4th and short it is either pass BLOS or sideline bomb. Nothing intermediate.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •