Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is not the main problem!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben is not the main problem!

Hate to break the bad news...No matter what QB is on this team will not change things for the better, tell other positions are fixed....We need speed on Wide Receivers, OL upgrades, better game planning and schemas, Receivers that don't drop the ball, less injuries, less penalties, yes Ben can improve some with chemistry with his receivers but, he is not the main issue as much as you want him to be...

Legend

User Info Menu

I think that this might be true. I certainly agree that we've had bad luck with injuries over the last few years.

But he's not the solution to the problems we have.

And he's not the future.

I don't think we're at the point where we're playing to maximize development / see what we have for next year.

If (i) the D doesn't get healthy soon so they can carry the team and (ii) the O can't crack 20 points, we'll get there sooner rather than later.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The offense has been bad and inconsistent for a few years now. With an all-new O-line & RB, I don't think any of us expected instant improvement in any phase of the offense. We needed the D to stay healthy and keep us in games until the offense could find its legs. But that only lasted 1 game and we're paying for it.

The season is still early enough for us to improve. We have the same record as the Chiefs. How you finish the season is more important than how you start it. But we need game one's D back ASAP or we're clearly going to stay at the bottom of the AFCN.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is a problem. A big problem.

Ray Fittapaldo (Post-Gazete)

Ben Roethlisberger completed as many passes to Logan Wilson as he did Cody White. Only problem is, Wilson plays linebacker for the Bengals. Roethlisbergerís second interception was inexplicable, throwing it right to Wilson as he dropped into his zone. Want more inexplicable? How about throwing it to Najee Harris in the flat when heís covered by three Bengals on 4th-and-10 late in the fourth quarter? Roethlisberger clearly is not comfortable in the new offense, but he canít compound the problem by making the critical mistakes he had made on Sunday when he turned it over twice in his own territory.
    Grade: F

Steelers Depot:

Roethlisberger was downright dreadful. He continues to misfire all over the place early in the season.
    Grade: D-

PFF:
    Jason La Canfora reported Sunday that executives around the NFL believe Ben Roethlisbergerís performance has dropped significantly ó something that's become clear to viewers, too. Roethlisberger was playing like a player terrified of taking hits in this game.

Here's a crazy stat:
    That was now the 11th game in a row the Steelers offense did not score a point in the first Q. Not a single offensve point in the entire qurter for 11 games. It's insane and a lot of the blame has to lie at the feet of the team leader and QB.

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben is a big problem, but far from the only problem.

Tank for a top 10 pick. Trade said pick to GB for Rodgers. Spend all available assets on O line

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Ben is a big problem, but far from the only problem.

Tank for a top 10 pick. Trade said pick to GB for Rodgers. Spend all available assets on O line
    You had me until the end of the 2nd paragraph.

Trading for another very old QB who is likely to have a similar decline soon at the same time we're dealing with the dead money from this is not a good call IMO.

Legend

User Info Menu

Put me in the camp of Ben is the main problem.

He makes the opposing Dís job so easy. Defend 5 yards beyond the LOS.

Thatís it. No where to run. No where to separate. The OLine has no chance with the whole D in the box.

I really think the only thing Ben could do is run a 4-5 wide no huddle right now. He canít push the ball down field, so the only option is to spread out the D as much as possible to make it a little easier on the OLine to protect him and give Najee a little bigger crease to find some room to run.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Why did Ben even come back this season? He's clearly over the hill, the team is clearly not a SB contender, especially on the offensive side of the ball, kind of bizarre tbh. Is the organization just delusional? And no he's not the main problem, you put any other QB not named Brady on this team and it wouldn't matter much. The O-line is beyond bad, the OC probably shouldn't be coaching in the NFL, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Why did Ben even come back this season? He's clearly over the hill, the team is clearly not a SB contender, especially on the offensive side of the ball, kind of bizarre tbh. Is the organization just delusional? And no he's not the main problem, you put any other QB not named Brady on this team and it wouldn't matter much. The O-line is beyond bad, the OC probably shouldn't be coaching in the NFL, etc.
    I wonder if he just didn't want that huge turd of a game in the playoffs to be his last kick at the can.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Almost everybody knew of bens decline BUT the Canada fanboys said he could scheme to bens strengths and would mix in all that motion, call creative plays, use the te and RUN the football to take pressure off of Ben.
    How’s that working fanboys?
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.