Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben is not the main problem!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Now I’ve got the SouthPark song Blame Canada in my head.

Seems like a video montage of our worst plays to the tune of Blame Canada would be appropriate.
    That would be awesome….lol
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Now I’ve got the SouthPark song Blame Canada in my head.

Seems like a video montage of our worst plays to the tune of Blame Canada would be appropriate.
    Or just that 4th down play over and over and over and over.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Hate to break the bad news...No matter what QB is on this team will not change things for the better, tell other positions are fixed....We need speed on Wide Receivers, OL upgrades, better game planning and schemas, Receivers that don't drop the ball, less injuries, less penalties, yes Ben can improve some with chemistry with his receivers but, he is not the main issue as much as you want him to be...
    Disagree; Ben is at least 50 percent of the problem. He is equally as responsible as the other things you mentioned because even if we had an O-line, Ben would still be looking as pathetic as he's looked because he flat out doesn't have it anymore. WR's will always look bad when the QB is bad. And Ben is bad now. You can't properly assess the WR's when the QB is bad.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know a lot people don't like Mason. I personally do like Mason. I think he has been developing and now should be about ready to go and play almost to his capabilities. I have little to no confidence that anything will change if they keep running Big Ben out there. They might as well concede before the game starts. Big Ben is playing terribly overall. He usually has a few throws that remind you of the Big Ben of old but not enough to keep the offense humming or to make this team competitive.

I doubt they would change because Ben is a future HOFer, who has been QB for many years and wins, and also because there are Mason naysayers; but they have to make some kind of move.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Disagree; Ben is at least 50 percent of the problem. He is equally as responsible as the other things you mentioned because even if we had an O-line, Ben would still be looking as pathetic as he's looked because he flat out doesn't have it anymore. WR's will always look bad when the QB is bad. And Ben is bad now. You can't properly assess the WR's when the QB is bad.
    I disagree.
    A competent oline would give us a good running game. that would open up the playbook/field and help hide some of bens faults and make the defenses defend the whole field.
    How is it possible to have the best owner, best front office, best gm, best HC, good/great drafts every year and good FA acquisitions every year, but only have 3 playoff wins in 14 years?

Banned

User Info Menu

It’s going to take another embarrassing moment against the Packers for Rooney to even start talking about benching Ben.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben is the main problem, his pre snap reads are terrible, his post snap reads are terrible, his arm strength his terrible, his accuracy is terrible, and you cant even role him out to help the oline because his mobility is terrible.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ben is the main problem, his pre snap reads are terrible, his post snap reads are terrible, his arm strength his terrible, his accuracy is terrible, and you cant even role him out to help the oline because his mobility is terrible.
    If this is all true, why aren’t we running the ball with our first round rb 40 times a game?
    Especially because Rooney, Colbert, Tomlin and canada said it was going to be a priority?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I disagree.
    A competent oline would give us a good running game. that would open up the playbook/field and help hide some of bens faults and make the defenses defend the whole field.
    In the modern NFL you pass to set up the run. Not the other way around. But, 4.4 yds/att is not the kind of passing we are talking about.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    I disagree.
    I don’t agree with you often but I do here.