Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Matt Canada one and done with the Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Tomlin had the number 8th defense as coordinator.

Tomlins Vikings defense allowed fewer yards and touchdowns than Cowhers defense did.

And Cowher had "Cowhers players".

If Fichtner did that with this offensive lineup he would absolutely be a worthy successor to Tomlin.
    Always reaching back 15 years ago to try and prove something about Tomlin… constantly ignoring the last 11 years when he didn’t have the championship nucleus of Cowhers super bowl winning team.

Keep proving my point. Keep going back to Cowher’s players and coaches.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Tomlin had the number 8th defense as coordinator.

Tomlins Vikings defense allowed fewer yards and touchdowns than Cowhers defense did.

And Cowher had "Cowhers players".

If Fichtner did that with this offensive lineup he would absolutely be a worthy successor to Tomlin.
    I wouldn't want Fichtner as the HC of my favorite Pop Warner team.

Legend

User Info Menu

Keep going back in your “ way back “ machine to prove Tomlin’s pedigree.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    They run a ton of crossers which aren't a whole lot different. Problem is they run them with 5 yd routes when it's 3rd and 10 and hope the receiver can make the extra yds. They convert less than 1 in 10 passing 3rd downs with >10 yds to go. That puts them near the bottom of the league.
    it's very frustrating to watch, that's for sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe Minka ; and I believe Schobert in what they said about practices that are ran by Tomlin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I believe Minka ; and I believe Schobert in what they said about practices that are ran by Tomlin.
    of course you do, it fits your agenda and narrative.

Legend

User Info Menu

Keep going back in your “ way back “ machine to prove Tomlin’s pedigree.
    …………………………

Legend

User Info Menu

Keep proving my point. Keep going back to Cowher’s players and coaches.
    Cowher didn't win a Super Bowl until he had a franchise QB, and that one was forced on him by Rooney.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    When the defense sucked Keith butler was on the hot seat. That chant stopped a few years ago. I donít know any OC who can manage an offense that canít run with a QB whoís time has come and canít make the necessary throws. Iím certain the pros that run the Steelers see the same thing.
    Good point; itís up to Colbert to give him the proper players to work with. Inability of the offensive line kaya at the feet of Colbert and his bargain basement approach of finding O-lineman in recent drafts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Good point; it’s up to Colbert to give him the proper players to work with. Inability of the offensive line kaya at the feet of Colbert and his bargain basement approach of finding O-lineman in recent drafts.
    you have really changed your tune on Colbert, you used to speak highly of him.

we can add him to Tomlin, Rooney, Ben and the rest of the Steelers organization that you don't like.