Page 61 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Matt Canada one and done with the Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCitySteel View Post
    Right, we need 100% perfection from everyone else so Mitch's 14.7 PPG holds up for wins. That's the ticket.

Go watch good offensive teams play an entire game and you'll see drops, mistakes, penalties, missed blocks, etc., but they still overcome it because they have great QB play. Tua threw 2 picks the other day, which would have gotten him benched here, and then followed up with 6 TDs.
    Give me anyone else's OC with this group and you'll see a different outcome..

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He won't get fired but I believe his contract won't be extended at season's end.
    2023 Mock Draft

1) Peter Skoronski, OT, Northwestern - Tenative
    2a) Henry To'o To'o, ILB, Alabama (Bears pick)
    2b) John Michael Schmitz, C, Minnesota (Steelers pick)
    3) Mazi Smith, DT, Michigan
    4) Nick Hampton, Edge, App State
    5) No Pick
    6) No pick
    7a.) Jack Nelson, G, Wisconsin
    7b.) Tyler Hudson, WR,
    Louisville

Legend

User Info Menu

Matt Koll
    @MKoll15

Here’s what is “definitively” alarming about this #Steelers offense this season.

Here’s their 4th quarter drives. All when the game has very much been on the line…

This ain’t gonna get it done.

Take out the one successful drive tonight, then it becomes:

34 plays for 50 yards. (1.47 yards per play!)

Sep 22, 2022

https://twitter.com/MKoll15/status/1...n-Show%2Fpage2

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Give me anyone else's OC with this group and you'll see a different outcome..
    I feel sorry for you, but I guess you gotta go through it until we get a better guy - you're doing what I did with Kordell and Neil decades ago. Excuses for them, blame for everyone else.

The QB is the most influential and important position in all of sports. We have a mediocre one.

Legend

User Info Menu

I wish we *could* flip Canada for someone else, as soon as next week, then everyone would realize what I'm saying is true.

Eh, probably not.

"C'mon! This guy is WORSE than Canada!!!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    He won't get fired but I believe his contract won't be extended at season's end.
    I think this is what we do too.

It's the Steelers way.

And honestly...maybe it's for the best.

Because then maybe we have a real OC search.

If we fire Canada mid-season, we promote Sullivan. And then give him a few years at OC.

Legend

User Info Menu

I feel sorry for you, but I guess you gotta go through it until we get a better guy - you're doing what I did with Kordell and Neil decades ago. Excuses for them, blame for everyone else.

The QB is the most influential and important position in all of sports. We have a mediocre one.
    nah.. the thing with Kordell is he looked GREAT with Chain Gailey. When you change OC’s and the QB struggles that is clear evidence the OC has some blame or even lots of blame.

But when you come in and look the same as you did 2 years ago on another team after riding the pine for a year I think its hard to put more blame on the OC.

Anyone who watched these games can tell Mitch is struggling with accuracy and routinely fades back when passing. Its funny because that was the criticism for KP. Mitch has happy feet.
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

you're doing what I did with Kordell and Neil decades ago. Excuses for them, blame for everyone else.

Trubisky is a mediocre to below average starting caliber QB.

but Canada and his offense belong in college, not in the NFL.

Legend

User Info Menu

And we had a HOF QB who finished 2nd from the bottom last year in QBR under Matt Canada.
    I feel sorry for you for not connecting the dots on that one...

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben's YPA was the lowest in his career (full season) last year under Canada..
    And Mitch's YPA is a mere 5.5..
    Let that sink in for a minute..