Page 46 of 48 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 LastLast

Thread: Is Matt Canada one and done with the Steelers?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

Shocker! I mentioned that on the previous page.

10ccs.
    Last edited by Chucktownsteeler; 02-15-2022 at 09:59 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yet, we still hold on to him?? Who's responsible for this?
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I'm trying to hold back on an opinion on Canada (yea, I know, it's tough). It seems almost impossible to untangle the OL inexperience, a highly experienced but aging, limited QB ( interfering?), and Canada's own inexperience at the pro level. This season his OL will be modestly experienced, the QB will be modestly experienced and less limited, and Canada's got Yr 1 under his belt. Let's hope for some improvements...
    All the ingredients you just laid out sounds like a recipe for disaster if it were any other team.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Iím concerned.

Ogeron (sp) said he made a mistake hiring Canada and the shifts were too confusing for the offense and needed to be simplified.

Narduzzi also didnít have kind words for Canada when he left for LSU.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

Oh man to be fair it looked like nobody on offense wanted to play for him either! lol. As critical as I am of Tomlin wasn't it Rooney that recommended hiring Canada in the first place?

Legend

User Info Menu

Wait a minute ... no quality coaches want to work with Canada?

As some of us have been saying, Steelers should have moved on from Canada.

Prepare for another year of offensive disaster

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by T.Ferguson View Post
    Oh man to be fair it looked like nobody on offense wanted to play for him either! lol. As critical as I am of Tomlin wasn't it Rooney that recommended hiring Canada in the first place?
    From what I can gather, it was Rooney's choice to bring Canada in as QB coach, but Tomlin's call to promote him to OC (although who knows, Rooney could have been pushing for that move behind the scenes).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    From what I can gather, it was Rooney's choice to bring Canada in as QB coach, but Tomlin's call to promote him to OC (although who knows, Rooney could have been pushing for that move behind the scenes).

That's right no one knows, just a bunch of people commenting who think they know but really likely don't know.

Everyone wants to play the blame game because it's easy and intellectually lazy. But what has been clear since Art II took over is that the organization is very much into collaborative decision making and consensus. They is no dictatorship or one person making decisions without it being vetted with the leadership team (Art II, Colbert and Tomlin). Colbert and Tomlin aren't making any decision that Art II hasn't agreed to.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Wait a minute ... no quality coaches want to work with Canada?

As some of us have been saying, Steelers should have moved on from Canada.

Prepare for another year of offensive disaster
    Sometimes you have to fall before you can get up. We haven't had a losing season in 15 years. Maybe a good 3-14 year or so will be what the doctors ordered.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Sometimes you have to fall before you can get up. We haven't had a losing season in 15 years. Maybe a good 3-14 year or so will be what the doctors ordered.
    Maybe.
    Obviously our last decade of post season failures isn’t enough to open eyes.
    Update:
    In the last decade:
    25% of the league has won a super bowl. The steelers are not one of them.
    18 teams have as many or more playoff wins as the steelers.
    25 teams have won at least one playoff game, none have a worse playoff win percentage than the steelers.