Page 3 of 48 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 474

Thread: Is Matt Canada one and done with the Steelers?

  1. #21
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    He may not be buying into Canada's schemes and plans.
    Roethlisberger had a real mixed bag today. Sometimes holding the ball way too long and taking a sack. Other times no waiting on the receiver to clear in the route. He looked lost without his DJ safety blanket.
    it was depressing today seeing it up close and personal.

    For the life of me I will never understand why Ben doesn’t throw the ball away.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  2. #22
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    it was depressing today seeing it up close and personal.

    For the life of me I will never understand why Ben doesn’t throw the ball away.
    Since you were at the game dizz, here's my question; were there in fact receivers open during the game and Roethlisberger was just not seeing it or were the receivers not getting separation? I've read different takes from different fans.

  3. #23
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Hopefully we see an upward trend over the next few months. I'd say it can't get worse, but I remember people saying that after the end of last season.
    All I know is the other teams in the league seem to be playing a different sport on offense. Itís clean, timing is on, running/passing lanes are open. The Steelers offense resembles backyard football. Itís a jumbled mess.

  4. #24
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Since you were at the game dizz, here's my question; were there in fact receivers open during the game and Roethlisberger was just not seeing it or were the receivers not getting separation? I've read different takes from different fans.
    Charlie Batch answered my question on SNR this morning; receivers are not getting open for the most part. He said it's a continuation of last season. Every catch is being contested and very few YAC.

  5. #25
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    What we are seeing so far on O is exactly what we were all talking about before the season started. Nothing will succeed until this OL starts to gel. Two rooks, one second year, a new guy, and a guy who was moved back to RT late in the pre-season due to injury. Add to that a new OC and line coach.

    Ben, receivers, running game have all looked bad so far, but everything starts with the OL. Expect more of this, and that won't change without an improvement up front. Period. And we all knew it a month ago, not sure why everyone is forgetting that now.

  6. #26
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    What we are seeing so far on O is exactly what we were all talking about before the season started. Nothing will succeed until this OL starts to gel. Two rooks, one second year, a new guy, and a guy who was moved back to RT late in the pre-season due to injury. Add to that a new OC and line coach.

    Ben, receivers, running game have all looked bad so far, but everything starts with the OL. Expect more of this, and that won't change without an improvement up front. Period. And we all knew it a month ago, not sure why everyone is forgetting that now.
    I recommend you visit the Depot today and read what the OC tried to do against the defensive looks they were getting. Any OL will look bad with the scheme they were trying to use. Canada seems to be learning on the fly as well.

  7. #27
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I recommend you visit the Depot today and read what the OC tried to do against the defensive looks they were getting. Any OL will look bad with the scheme they were trying to use. Canada seems to be learning on the fly as well.
    I'm sure he is learning on the fly as well. As is Klemm. Once they have learned then we may know what we have. We will know more about what Ben can still do, what Najee can do in the run game, if the receivers can get open and catch the ball. Until that happens - whether because they are not used to the NFL game yet or Canada isn't - we will see what we have.

  8. #28
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    why in the hell are we hiring some boobs who have to learn on the fly?

    this isn't peewee ball

  9. #29
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I recommend you visit the Depot today and read what the OC tried to do against the defensive looks they were getting. Any OL will look bad with the scheme they were trying to use. Canada seems to be learning on the fly as well.
    I think this is the post you're talking about. I went looking after your post.

    It's a good read IMO: https://steelersdepot.com/2021/09/th...tomlins-words/

    Interesting the way they frame it. Tomlin said that the strategy was "stupid" before the game. But it's the strategy they used (at least at times).

  10. #30
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I want to see this offense with Mason under center before making that decision.
    I say the Steelers should treat Haskins as our future franchise QB and just play him now. He was a first round draft pick so we can hope or at least pretend that heís the long term answer at the position. Itís not like the other 2 backup QBís on the roster havenít had their opportunities to shine.
    Obviously the standard is the standard.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •