Page 2 of 48 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Is Matt Canada one and done with the Steelers?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Canada is limited by what Ben can/cant do. Same with Fichtner.
    I was worried the buffalo game would give teams some tape to look at..
    He may not be buying into Canada's schemes and plans.
    Roethlisberger had a real mixed bag today. Sometimes holding the ball way too long and taking a sack. Other times no waiting on the receiver to clear in the route. He looked lost without his DJ safety blanket.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think it depends on what his mandate is.

Remember when everyone wanted Butler fired? But his mandate was "get more sacks". And I think we've led the league in sacks every year he's been DC.

Unfortunately for Canada, I think his biggest mandate was get better at running.

I'm not a fan of bailing on coaches super quickly. Especially when they don't have all that much talent to work with.

I think it might come down to what the FO thinks is best for whoever is going to be our QB next year.

In a way, the best thing for Canada at this point might be for Ben to not play. It might be interesting to see the differences in what Rudolph brings under Canada vs. Fitch.

But I think the only reason Ben doesn't play is injury...and I hope that's not how he ends his career.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    So how long you think before we go to MR or Haskins?
    Only if Ben gets injured...or maybe if he decides it's not worth sacrificing himself at the end of his career for a losing team.

So maybe when / if we get to 8 or 9 losses.

More than 9 losses and we start playing for next year. And I think that means we shouldn't be playing Ben.

Although I wanted to sit him down after (or during) the 2nd Cincy game last season...although it's easier to say I wanted to do that vs. being the person that actually had to make the decision.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Only if Ben gets injured...or maybe if he decides it's not worth sacrificing himself at the end of his career for a losing team.

So maybe when / if we get to 8 or 9 losses.

More than 9 losses and we start playing for next year. And I think that means we shouldn't be playing Ben.

Although I wanted to sit him down after (or during) the 2nd Cincy game last season...although it's easier to say I wanted to do that vs. being the person that actually had to make the decision.
    As Steeler fans, we need to start zeroing in on the top college QB's.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

As Steeler fans, we need to start zeroing in on the top college QB's.
    if only we had traded ALMOST all of our draft picks this past draft to move up to #1 and take Trevor Lawrence like you suggested.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I'm not a fan of bailing on coaches super quickly. Especially when they don't have all that much talent to work with.
    Agreed. It is impossible to judge Canada considering what he has to work with.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

When the defense sucked Keith butler was on the hot seat. That chant stopped a few years ago. I don’t know any OC who can manage an offense that can’t run with a QB who’s time has come and can’t make the necessary throws. I’m certain the pros that run the Steelers see the same thing.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Hopefully we see an upward trend over the next few months. I'd say it can't get worse, but I remember people saying that after the end of last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    You've kinda got a point.
    Last edited by Steel Maniac; 09-26-2021 at 09:11 PM.
    From the 2010-2021 season, (A 12year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

You've got a point.
    stay out of my thread you ****ing coward.

you are a classless disgusting POS.