Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Bad game or a bad team?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Roethlisberger had Washington on the sideline for a probable TD but overthrew him. They have one twitchy WR in DJ, possession receiver in JJSS, Claypool has failed to progress and can't play against press coverage. Ebron has been targeted 7 times this season and caught 2 passes. That ain't varsity there.

And I repeatedly hear the announcer say "nobody was open for the QB to throw to". Is it the players or the scheme?
    Washington was to slow to get there....he had to throw it when he did because, Ben would have been sacked....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sword View Post
    Washington was to slow to get there....he had to throw it when he did because, Ben would have been sacked....
    The problem here was "where" he threw it, not "when" he threw it.

We haven't had accurate deep balls for a long time, so it's not unique to this play.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Manning's last year in Denver, he coudln't throw the ball more than 10 yards down field. What did Denver do? Established a run game and designed creative pass plays where WRs were open. Ben is just like Peyton was. What does Tomlin and Canada do? Throw the ball 60 times a game with the same unimaginative plays as last year.

Ben can't throw deep anymore but who cares? We don't have a WR that can get behind anybody. When's the last time we drafted or brought in someone that can actually stretch the field. Even a one-trick scrub like Henry Ruggs forces the safeties to stay back.

I understand the cap issues we had. But whoever on this coaching staff that felt our offensive line could be even mediocre should be fired immediately. they're far too stupid to be coaching or evaluating personnel in this league.
    Well thats BS, I clearly saw Washington and Claypool behind the defense, both should of been TD's but Ben missed both.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Well thats BS, I clearly saw Washington and Claypool behind the defense, both should of been TD's but Ben missed both.
    Because Ben is done. You can't properly/accurately criticize or critique the WR's until you have a crediable QB. We don't have a crediable QB anymore.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ben simply can't throw an accurate deep ball anymore.

his arm is shot.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post

his arm is shot.
    The one post game question(s) I’m waiting for that no one has asked.

Can Ben make every throw required of an NFL QB today? Can he thread the needle? Can he zip a frozen rope to the back corner of the end zone?
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    The one post game question(s) Iím waiting for that no one has asked.

Can Ben make every throw required of an NFL QB today? Can he thread the needle? Can he zip a frozen rope to the back corner of the end zone?
    I would say not anymore.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This team took a left off the expressway and ended up in Destination F@cked. They are bad, the coaches suck, and this is going to be a long season....

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

his arm is shot.
    That is a fair statement. The deep ball lacks velocity and accuracy. It wobbles. Tomlin won't bench him, he wait until he gets hurt to make a move.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

his arm is shot.
    And the inconsistency from everyone on our OL means we aren't likely to be successful on long drives.