Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We've seen this movie before

Legend

User Info Menu

We've seen this movie before

Near dead last in rushing AND passing, D held it together for one week, then succumbed to near zero offense (it took longer last year).

Nothing has changed. Oh sure, lots has changed, but nothing that improves the team. We got an all new O-line, new OC, new, highly rated RB, but at the end of the day, nothing has changed. How? Why?

How can a team, that supposedly values being physical with a great rushing game, be so inept at running the ball? For one one off season? OK. For several in a row? That doesn't seem plausible, does it? And we aren't talking "just not at the top." We are talking dead last territory. Again.

There is something inherently wrong here. There is something drastically amiss with the brain and spine of this team. For lack of a better explanation, I'm gonna go with the entire organization, beginning with the coach and QB.

Ben has never been a "drop back, make a read and throw" QB. That's never been why he's been successful. His entire production has been from playing backyard football, dropping back, buying some time and waiting for a target to get open by finding space. At the height on our offensive production, that is how he did it. All those games he pulled out at the end, that's how he pulled them off.

But now, he doesn't have the physical ability to do that anymore, and he has the sh---iest OL in the league. And there must be a sign when we are running the ball - what they call a "tell."; I read about one in the past but figured they had corrected it by now. Apparently they have not - something about how Ben places his feet before a run.

Don't kid yourself: This isn't about bad luck and/or injuries. This is an inherent problem with no chance of fixing with the team the way it is. Shiny new HB will fix it? Not a chance. A new OC will do the trick. Nope. We can't rush the ball to save our lives and can't pass much better. No D can save games with this pathetic of an offense.

Oh, and Ben is still taking the blame, saying "He needs to play better." How long have we been hearing that?

We maybe the worst team in our div., even worse than Cinci.

Legend

User Info Menu

Do yourself a favor. Go be the fan of another team. Problem solved.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Near dead last in rushing AND passing, D held it together for one week, then succumbed to near zero offense (it took longer last year).

Nothing has changed. Oh sure, lots has changed, but nothing that improves the team. We got an all new O-line, new OC, new, highly rated RB, but at the end of the day, nothing has changed. How? Why?

How can a team, that supposedly values being physical with a great rushing game, be so inept at running the ball? For one one off season? OK. For several in a row? That doesn't seem plausible, does it? And we aren't talking "just not at the top." We are talking dead last territory. Again.

There is something inherently wrong here. There is something drastically amiss with the brain and spine of this team. For lack of a better explanation, I'm gonna go with the entire organization, beginning with the coach and QB.

Ben has never been a "drop back, make a read and throw" QB. That's never been why he's been successful. His entire production has been from playing backyard football, dropping back, buying some time and waiting for a target to get open by finding space. At the height on our offensive production, that is how he did it. All those games he pulled out at the end, that's how he pulled them off.

But now, he doesn't have the physical ability to do that anymore, and he has the sh---iest OL in the league. And there must be a sign when we are running the ball - what they call a "tell."; I read about one in the past but figured they had corrected it by now. Apparently they have not - something about how Ben places his feet before a run.

Don't kid yourself: This isn't about bad luck and/or injuries. This is an inherent problem with no chance of fixing with the team the way it is. Shiny new HB will fix it? Not a chance. A new OC will do the trick. Nope. We can't rush the ball to save our lives and can't pass much better. No D can save games with this pathetic of an offense.

Oh, and Ben is still taking the blame, saying "He needs to play better." How long have we been hearing that?

We maybe the worst team in our div., even worse than Cinci.
    We have seen that "movie" before.
    You were in it if I recall?

I present to you "whisper" in the movie Aliens:

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-25-2021 at 02:11 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    Do yourself a favor. Go be the fan of another team. Problem solved.
    at least he doesn't have a sig stating we have held on to Tomlin too long just like the Dolphins did with Don Shula.

because the Dolphins won so many Super Bowls after they got rid of Shula.

oh wait...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

We have indeed seen "this movie" before.

I present to you the fine performance of "whisper" from the movie Aliens:

Last edited by Captain Lemming; 09-25-2021 at 02:14 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    We have indeed seen "this movie" before.

I present to you the fine performance of "whisper" from the movie Aliens:

Trivia?
    Actor Bill Paxton:

Only person who was killed BOTH by the Aliens and the Predator.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    We've seen this movie before
    Disappointing that, while it was clear what our biggest problems on offense were last season, all these months later we've seemingly made no progress in addressing them.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Disappointing that, while it was clear what our biggest problems on offense were last season, all these months later we've seemingly made no progress in addressing them.
    They addressed the issues on offense outside of QB. Rookies generally take time to develop.

Legend

User Info Menu

You really thought everything would be fixed in one offseason and 2 games?

Cancel the season
    I lost a bet about Najee gaining 1300 yards.

"Our head coach has failed to win a playoff game for seven years in a row. His game day strategy, culture of divas, in game decisions, clock management, player evaluation, hires, and affinity with sub par starters at RB, P, and OL are holding the Steelers back. That standard remains the standard"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    You really thought everything would be fixed in one offseason and 2 games?

Cancel the season
    Of course not. But a little progress would be nice. Maybe we will see it begin. I haven't given up on the season yet.