Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs Bumgals

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I'm not clicking on your links without knowing what it is.

can't you at least put the title of the article?
    Title is essentially "T. Boyd says Steelers Gave Up".

The article says:

"The last plays of the game, they gave up," Boyd said (https://twitter.com/Trags/status/1442521907534893056?s=20), via Bengals reporter Mike Petraglia. "You could see that. For a team to lay down like that ... we're not giving up. They portrayed it to the whole nation. ... To go in there and bully them."

I could see someone coming to that conclusion after (i) that wretched 4th down play and then (ii) the trifecta of drops in the next drive.

I thought they played hard up to the 4th down though.

Maybe someone calling them out publicly gives them a bit of a spark.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    yes, I was very surprised when GB chose Myers that early one spot ahead of Creed Humphrey.
    Myers looked like a seasoned vet last night against SF. I was jealous.

Banned

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    Myers looked like a seasoned vet last night against SF. I was jealous.
    Yeah, seems they found a rookie center that can actually go in and play....wait for it.... CENTER!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Very true. Heck THREE OF OUR NUMBER ONES IN THE LAST DECADE were one position on defense. Outside linebacker. That is just stupid.

Drafting one sure (Jarvis Jones)
    I can even understand drafting a second (Dupree)
    But wasting ANOTHER precious number one a third guy AT THE SAME POSITION (TJ Watt)... that is just ridiculous.

The lineman we drafted instead of TJ would be a rock on the offensive line by now.
    you want to hear something scary? when they signed taco recently it reminded me of their interest in him at draft time.

if dallas wasn't so inept at drafting and take TJ. we're likely stuck drafting Taco in the first.
    another swing and a miss like jarvis

great job mikey.
    HERE'S THE KEYS TO THE CITY. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT WITH THE TEAM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    you want to hear something scary? when they signed taco recently it reminded me of their interest in him at draft time.

if dallas wasn't so inept at drafting and take TJ. we're likely stuck drafting Taco in the first.

great job mikey.
    Imagine if CLE didn't decide TE was more important than franchise QB!

The last 15 years would have been much worse in that case IMO.

Thanks for all the wins Ben!

Legend

User Info Menu

great job mikey.
    imagine the Steelers passing on Tom Brady and picking Chris Combs. That's right, who?!... nice move Cowher.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    imagine the Steelers passing on Tom Brady and picking Chris Combs. That's right, who?!... nice move Cowher.
    Cowher decided to pick Tee Martin and pass on Brady.

nice move Cowher.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Imagine if CLE didn't decide TE was more important than franchise QB!

The last 15 years would have been much worse in that case IMO.

Thanks for all the wins Ben!

that's true. cleveland did need a Qb.

unlike the idiotic response below yours that has no correlation

Legend

User Info Menu

that's true. cleveland did need a Qb.

unlike the idiotic response below yours that has no correlation
    We've never tried to draft a starting QB since we've had Ben. That includes all of Tomlin's tenure.

It's the same as how we didn't try to draft OL when we didn't have a need there.

I think we wasted some moderate draft capital taking QBs we knew were not going to start when we could have taken guys who had a chance to contribute while Ben was still here. I think the Mason and Dobbs picks were wasted (and thought so at the time).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    We've never tried to draft a starting QB since we've had Ben. That includes all of Tomlin's tenure.

It's the same as how we didn't try to draft OL when we didn't have a need there.

I think we wasted some moderate draft capital taking QBs we knew were not going to start when we could have taken guys who had a chance to contribute while Ben was still here. I think the Mason and Dobbs picks were wasted (and thought so at the time).
    mason, jones....... yes i agree with you.

after the 4th round, its really just a crap shoot. finding a player that can stick on the roster should be considered a win