Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: So why is our offense this bad?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    The problem as I said in another post is we didn't try to run the ball. We should have run Harris 10 times in the 1st Qtr. Ben needs to get up under center and run some traps or dives. Run the ball on 3 straight downs. Run Harris 30 times against the Bengals. Get your OL thinking that. Commit to it then you will get Harris off and the OL will get a kick a** mentality. We have to try at least one game. Our drink and screen style will be found out early and we won't win many games.
    It is clear to me that Ben is not the QB he was with AB. He tries to throw those comebacks to DJ and DJ never comes back. Ben needs to let Harris run the ball 30 times or get out and let Mason do it.
    Buzz,

It's more than just that. Like Moats is saying, Ben does all the little things wrong as well.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Moats says Roethlisberger's fake handoff in PA isn't fooling any defense. He is too slow to get to the RB and stick it in his ribs so he kinda does this fake toss or extends his arm out where the defense can plainly see it and attack. Moats says defenses aren't respecting a run and they are also crowding the short field.

Limitations of an aging QB.
    Things that don't look like are going to get any better.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think there's a 0% chance we sit Ben outside of injury.

Or maybe if the season is a total loss by the 3/4 mark. Even then, I don't think they'd bench him.

If we were going to do that, I think we would have done it during the 2nd Cincy game last year.
    I agree. But Iím curious if its bad OL play, bad play design or if its just age.

I know we wonít bench Ben his last year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    We stayed with Ben one year too long. He is what he is at this point.
    just like the Dolphins did with Don Shula.

so once we get rid of Ben we will win multiple Super Bowls just like the Dolphins did afterwards.

oh wait...
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Because maybe brilliant minds dont think we should move on from Tomlin, did you ever think of that.
    Yep, guys like Clarke, Stephen A Smith, etc would never even consider uttering a negative word about Tomlin

Starter

User Info Menu

Ben threw the ball 40 times. We ran it 12 (not counting the WR runs) times. Sorry folks, unless Ben is devising the game plan and calling the plays, he's not the main problem. Only a complete moron would say 'we have a 40 yo QB with a questionable arm, let's throw it 40 times and run it 12!'

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I agree. But Iím curious if its bad OL play, bad play design or if its just age.

I know we wonít bench Ben his last year.
    A few more hits like he took on Sunday and we won't have to bench him.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Yep, guys like Clarke, Stephen A Smith, etc would never even consider uttering a negative word about Tomlin
    Screamin A and Ryan Clark’s opinions matter to no one in our front office.

Pundits were calling us awesome last week. This week we suck. Win next week and the narrative changes again.

No one should ever care what the media says about our team. Its just banter to get to the next commercial.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Buzz,

It's more than just that. Like Moats is saying, Ben does all the little things wrong as well.
    But here's the thing. When you run the ball you shorten the game. Let's say you try 3 rushes, and you don't get a 1 st down. With the punt you use 3 minutes. You do it two series in a row and you don't get a 1st down you use 6 total minutes. Trust your defense to get a stop. Your opponent who is already crowding the box rushes all gaps and safeties crowd. Then maybe a playaction works. It seems over simplified but we have to change something or we are in game 12 from last year already. Do something different. It is really hard for the Steelers to move on from Ben. It is really hard for me too. But we have to try something different before we do.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Screamin A and Ryan Clarkís opinions matter to no one in our front office.

Pundits were calling us awesome last week. This week we suck. Win next week and the narrative changes again.

No one should ever care what the media says about our team. Its just banter to get to the next commercial.
    Actually, this is not completely accurate...

Colin Cowherd said after last week's game, Ben looks done
    Orlovsky on First take late last week, said put Joe Burrow on this team with that D (remember this was before the Mash unit), and Pittsburgh would be a super bowl contender.

I think there are a lot of pundits out there who believe Ben is done. But I won't argue that there are a bunch of them that are weather vanes.

I know you were using their critique of the Steelers team as a whole...so that is why I said "not completely"

brothervad