Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Time for truth.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Time for truth.

Blocked punt seldom go for score and we got Buffalo's " C " Game. We were given 7 easy points. With out the blocked punt do we win the game? Ben looked average, I believe the offense is mediocre. The OL is weak a the Center and guards spot, and our right tackle sucks.

The D was good but I do not trust the corners.

# lucky to win.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    it's a good thing that Pierre started last year to get all that starting experience.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Steelers were somewhat responsible for the Bill's C game.

This is life in the NFL from game to game. Pay attention sometime?

It's not about how good you are but it's about how well you perform on game day. This is sports. That's the real truth.

Legend

User Info Menu

The last time I looked, Special Teams was part of the game. The better team won.

I remember when the Steelers picked up Killebrew from the Lions and some wondered why. That question was answered on Sunday.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    The last time I looked, Special Teams was part of the game. The better team won.

I remember when the Steelers picked up Killebrew from the Lions and some wondered why. That question was answered on Sunday.
    When was the last time we blocked a punt? Just saying its is not happening very often. Josh Allen sucked in the game. Pierre played well.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Backup

User Info Menu

Blocked punt seldom go for score and we got Buffalo's " C " Game. We were given 7 easy points. With out the blocked punt do we win the game? Ben looked average, I believe the offense is mediocre. The OL is weak a the Center and guards spot, and our right tackle sucks.

# lucky to win.
    If i graded the OL from Sunday i'd give Moore a C- Dotson a B- Green a C+ Turner a B Chucky a D-

Moore & Green are rookies should improve. On the road with silent count at Bills is a tough enviornment.

What we really need is Banner to come back & put Chucky on the bench, that will improve things a lot.

We have the skill positions, & Freiermuth will end up being a beast once he's allowed to run routes more & less helping OL block.

We probably will dink & dunk until Banner is back to keep Ben alive. Hopefully after that we throw further down field.

I'm anxious to see if OL improves at home this Sunday vs a team vulnerable to the run.

Legend

User Info Menu

When was the last time we blocked a punt? Just saying its is not happening very often. Josh Allen sucked in the game. Pierre played well.
    I’m not worried about the defense. I have concerns about the OL.

Legend

User Info Menu

Blocked punts rarely happen but they are part of the game. It was good coaching.

We beat the crap out of the Bills and it sounds like you picked us to lose.

Allen sucked because of our defense.

Sutton shined vs the Bills
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

# lucky to win.
    I think we won because of (i) excellent D, (ii) the blocked punt, (iii) Allen missed Sanders...maybe because of that D and pressure.

We will probably need better offensive play going forward against good teams to win consistently.

Wins are wins though.

Just like the losses still count when your perennial pro-bowl center snaps it 5 ft over your HoF QB.

If we play the Bills game 10 times, I think we probably lose more than 5 of them.

But we only play the game once.

This is the same reason why it's silly to make big judgements based on single game elimination tournaments...even though I know I am guilty of that sometimes.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-18-2021 at 07:26 AM.

Backup

User Info Menu

# lucky to win.
    I would say that's your truth homey. When you win with defense you are kicking their a**. How many games did the Steel Curtain win the same way? The O will follow.