Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unstoppable??

Legend

User Info Menu

Unstoppable??

Hey Steelers defense, this sounds to me like a challenge....

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mqYa5K][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mqYa5K]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

(btw, 100 yds on 10 catches, BUT he was targeted 19 times. I don't think AB in his Steelers prime was ever targeted that amount)

Legend

User Info Menu

Every time I watched the Raiders Waller was shredding defenses. We need to bracket him and make sure he doesn’t kill us on 3rd downs.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Hopefully this will end up looking like the Ocho Cinco trend that Lemming (?) brought up in a different thread.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Every time I watched the Raiders Waller was shredding defenses. We need to bracket him and make sure he doesnít kill us on 3rd downs.
    Historically we get abuse by giant TE's. This matchup might make for a long day.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Every time I watched the Raiders Waller was shredding defenses. We need to bracket him and make sure he doesn’t kill us on 3rd downs.
    Not worried. Taking out one good player is something any competent NFL team should be able to do. I'm not sure I see anyone else on their offense that scares me.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Steelers traditionally have problems with elite TE's. Gonna be a challenge.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Steelers traditionally have problems with elite TE's. Gonna be a challenge.
    Not when the rest of the pass catchers are crap. Which is just what they are with the Raiders. Wide Recievers are average at best so we can focus in on Waller and take away Carr's security blanket.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Are we now scared of a team with only one elite player on O? The goal is not to keep Waller from getting numbers, the goal is to win the game. Last season - with Waller - the Raiders were an 8-8 team in a division with only one good team.

Legend

User Info Menu

the guy is a beast. so big and runs like a WR. thank God the ravens were dumb enough to release him.

carr did go to one of his WRs 3 times in the late stages of the game likely because waller was getting so much attention. and jacobs is no slouch at RB either

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the guy is a beast. so big and runs like a WR. thank God the ravens were dumb enough to release him.

carr did go to one of his WRs 3 times in the late stages of the game likely because waller was getting so much attention. and jacobs is no slouch at RB either
    Weve seen better than Jacobs and lived to tell about it. Not worried about a team with no WR's and no cornerbacks. Just not worried about a team like that.

Steelers 27
    Raiders 13
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.