Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unstoppable??

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    the guy is a beast. so big and runs like a WR. thank God the ravens were dumb enough to release him.
    I saw a nice documentary on Darren Waller, and in it he doesn't blame the Ravens for releasing him because he was heavily into drugs at the time.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW - Last 6 games Raiders 3-3. One of those wins against the Jets.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Are we now scared of a team with only one elite player on O? The goal is not to keep Waller from getting numbers, the goal is to win the game. Last season - with Waller - the Raiders were an 8-8 team in a division with only one good team.
    I would agree, who cares if he gets numbers. If he goes for 150 and 2 tds, does it really matter if we win 35-14.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I would agree, who cares if he gets numbers. If he goes for 150 and 2 tds, does it really matter if we win 35-14.
    I would be much more worried if the game was won and lost by which single receiver from both teams had the most yards. In one of those games Waller had something like 20 targets. I think that this D would be licking their chops facing such a one dimensional offense the same way defenses were licking their chops last season when facing a one dimensional Steelers offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I saw a nice documentary on Darren Waller, and in it he doesn't blame the Ravens for releasing him because he was heavily into drugs at the time.

true. i should of said dumb for not sticking with him. he did have his issues

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Weve seen better than Jacobs and lived to tell about it. Not worried about a team with no WR's and no cornerbacks. Just not worried about a team like that.

Steelers 27
    Raiders 13
    i did think blow out right after the raider win.

them coming off an incredible high opening their new stadium and now have to travel east for a 1pm game.
    notoriously bad set up for west coast teams.

then factor in it the steelers home opener. our offense should look better now that they have their legs under them.
    raiders D isn't as good as buffalo's.
    our D looking to tee off on anyone etc etc.

but we have seen this team come in and not be ready to play. i'm still in shock of how easily cleveland moved the ball against us in the playoff game. missing 3 damn starters on the OL

Legend

User Info Menu

i'm still in shock of how easily cleveland moved the ball against us in the playoff game. missing 3 damn starters on the OL
    That angers me everytime that comes up; how unprepared to play the entire team was.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

i'm still in shock of how easily cleveland moved the ball against us in the playoff game. missing 3 damn starters on the OL
    not to mention their head coach.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    not to mention their head coach.
    yep. but we have to remember that was last year, not last week.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Weve seen better than Jacobs and lived to tell about it. Not worried about a team with no WR's and no cornerbacks. Just not worried about a team like that.

Steelers 27
    Raiders 13
    nice call.

can you pick the other team to win from now on so we have a chance?