Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ebron He's Not

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Nice clip.

Anybody else noticed Greens demonstration of INCREDIBLE athleticism to get into PERFECT position only to MISS a block that would SURELY have resulted in a score.

How can a dude impress so greatly and fail so badly in the same play.
    I noticed on rewatch Green got to the second level on a few plays a lot quicker than maybe he should have...i.e. his first block didn't do much to slow down the defender. That's coachable, the quicks aren't.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    That is actually where I come down on it. It just jumped out at me watching the clip.

It was drawn up nicely, and I don't know of a center that gets that deep so fast.

Vet DB just juked the rookie out of position.
    Rewatching the clip, just before the DB moved, Clay cut that way. Had he waited just a second longer, Green reaches the DB and blocks him. that was tough though because he was being tracked down so he may have been taken down anyway had he not cut right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I noticed on rewatch Green got to the second level on a few plays a lot quicker than maybe he should have...i.e. his first block didn't do much to slow down the defender. That's coachable, the quicks aren't.
    Reminds me of an old basketball adage. You can teach fundamentals but you can't teach tall.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Dang. That almost ended in the parking lot.

Good find
    thanks …….

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Rewatching the clip, just before the DB moved, Clay cut that way. Had he waited just a second longer, Green reaches the DB and blocks him. that was tough though because he was being tracked down so he may have been taken down anyway had he not cut right.
    Yes That should have been a TD. And IIRC we only got a fg out of that drive. Lost 4 points

Legend

User Info Menu

Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Yes That should have been a TD. And IIRC we only got a fg out of that drive. Lost 4 points
    You do recall correctly, it was a FG. As we move forward, Oline cohesion, building confidence, four rookies starting on O, we should see some of those stalled drives turn into scores.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    If Claypool doesn’t outrun Green its a TD.

Always frustrating to watch a player run past a blocker into a defender. A slight hesitation and he walks into the endzone
    Tomlin’s coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    If Claypool doesn’t outrun Green its a TD.

Always frustrating to watch a player run past a blocker into a defender. A slight hesitation and he walks into the endzone
    That is the growing pains you go through when you play a bunch of kids. We hope that Claypool has learned a lesson. I'm glad he learned his lesson in a win, and not a loss that was caused by a mistake. As a team that is historically known as one that doesn't often start kids, we have missed out on seeing this type of thing. We watch the highlights of other teams and their young stars and wish that was our guys, but we don't break down their games the way we do Steeler games and notice that this (and much worse) is typical of playing kids.

Legend

User Info Menu

BTW, I can just imagine the film review of Sunday's game when that play comes up and one of the coaches is standing up at the screen pointing out that block. PF must have felt pretty good with the round of laughs, cheers, and pats on the back he got from his teammates.