Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Najee Harris is a bust prediction thread

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Najee Harris is a bust prediction thread

Harris is a bust. He's slow and he can't catch. Sludgefoot, they used to call him, back in the day. Sludgefoot.

The best we can hope for is some kind of Mendenhall type situation.

I think some of you, a select hi IQ set, know I'm correct on this. My record predicting busts speaks for itself. This has BUST written all over the socks, the mirror, the commode, you name where it's written. But it's written.

Check in each week as our now regrettable number one draft pick become bustworthy. I will be here to monitor progress. I will catalog the names of those who disagree with me and publish them publicly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Put me down for bust in Canton.

I’d say it’s fair to question his speed, but he is quick in his cuts and I think he overcomes that one drawback to his all around game.

Not fair saying he can’t catch. He’s got great hands and adjust to bad balls unlike most RBs I’ve watched.

Legend

User Info Menu

I dont see too many backs having success behind this O-Line... at least as it stands now.
    Of course weve gotta give credit to the Bills. They are a top tier team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harris doesn't seem to have a special burst of speed at the NFL level up to this point. Does he need to lose weight, adjust to the NFL game, or do more speed training to become a better RB at the NFL level? It could be as simple as the Oline opening more holes for him to run through.

I don't know if Harris will be a bust at this point. Not ready to write him off as a bust based on one game where the entire offense struggled against a good defense. Only time will tell.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Harris is a bust. He's slow and he can't catch. Sludgefoot, they used to call him, back in the day. Sludgefoot.

The best we can hope for is some kind of Mendenhall type situation.

I think some of you, a select hi IQ set, know I'm correct on this. My record predicting busts speaks for itself. This has BUST written all over the socks, the mirror, the commode, you name where it's written. But it's written.

Check in each week as our now regrettable number one draft pick become bustworthy. I will be here to monitor progress. I will catalog the names of those who disagree with me and publish them publicly.
    I know you want to be "fustest with the mostest," but declaring a player a 'bust' after one game, is not something I am down with. it really isn't shrewd because there have been many a player that has not had stellar debuts and went on to become even "great", Bustamalu now has a "Bust" in the HOF.

If Harris has an outstanding desire to be great, he will make adjustments. This is something I will be watching for. He has a work ethic, because of how tremendously he has conditioned himself and that is apparent now. Now there can be a tendency to become a little overly muscle-bound which can hamper flexibility and movement. He has some thoroughbred athletic traits. I would still say to him get down to at least 230 or even 227 because on the collegiate level the weight and power let him run through guys but in the NFL, that is more difficult and he needs more speed and agility.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You're all-in on this bust prediction, that's for sure!

I have to admit, I have yet to see him do something that I thought was special (granted, what I've seen is very limited in presesason and game 1). But I'm hopeful it's coming, based on all the reports out of camp.

Legend

User Info Menu

Najee hasn’t even had a chance to play a home game yet.. lmao.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Backup

User Info Menu

You are a superstitious guy
    You know that with this thread you are actually ensuring Najee's success. You were probably a "Bustamalu" guy too.
    You know this next game the Steelers are going to do all they can to get Harris a 100 yards.
    I am predicting here that Najee is going to get 100 yards rushing against the Raiders.

Legend

User Info Menu

This thread is beyond stupid. Just troll sh!t
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    You are a superstitious guy
    You know that with this thread you are actually ensuring Najee's success. You were probably a "Bustamalu" guy too.
    You know this next game the Steelers are going to do all they can to get Harris a 100 yards.
    I am predicting here that Najee is going to get 100 yards rushing against the Raiders.
    As long as it doesn't take 50 carries, I'm good.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert