Thread: Najee Harris is a bust prediction thread

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Harris isnt a bust but this offense is busting him
    $$$$$$$$$$

Legend

User Info Menu

Harris is the offensive MVP of this team. No one is battling harder than he is with so little help
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Harris is the offensive MVP of this team. No one is battling harder than he is with so little help
    Agreed. He's working real hard out there.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Agreed. He's working real hard out there.
    hopefully Najee will turn out to be a bust and total flop in the NFL like Lamar Jackson turned out to be.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    Are you that Old to remember Walter Abercrombie? Abercrombie was a bust. No power that I remember. Mendenhall couldn't hold the ball and he was soft. The first time he got tackled hard (Ray Lewis) he realized he didn't want to play in the NFL. Najee seeks contact. You can see how much confidence he has in his strength. He delivers punishment. He doesn't recoil and wait for the hit. Like most Alabama RBS he delivers. Does he have any fumbles yet? He's the real deal, an old school FB with old school tail back skills. He is Franco II.
    You are mostly right on here. Abercrombie wasn't worthless; he had very good speed, but a 1st round talent he was not. Career 4 ypc. His teams were pretty void of talent.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post

including the head coach apparently. what an upsurd commentary tirico and collinsworth used to try to prop up tomlin

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    including the head coach apparently. what an upsurd commentary tirico and collinsworth used to try to prop up tomlin
    I don't watch all the Sunday Night games, so maybe I'm off base with this.

But I think Collinsworth pumps the tires of everyone all the time.

Another example of this is calling Cam a sure fire hall of famer last night.

Full disclosure, I think I tend to overestimate the bar for the HoF. But I think Cam will be a bubble guy that doesn't make it (or waits a long time) because there are guys like King will never vote for a Steeler (not even Troy).

In the plus category, Cam has 2 all-pros and 4 pro-bowls. All after he was considered to be a DT instead of a DE.

I think that's because he doesn't generate the stats that people who vote for all-pros and pro-bowls (probably the same people that vote for HoF) want to see for DEs.

For example, Cam's 60 all time sacks put him in a tie for 208th all time.

Better at TFLs with 91 (t-59th).

I think being classified as a DE (not a DT) for half his career will hurt him...and I bet some voters will think he should still be classified as a DE.

He's a very good player. And probably the heart of the defense. And he may end up in the Hall.

But I think "sure fire HoF" means "first ballot HoF". And I don't think he's that. In part because his role isn't glamorous...and I think the voters have a huge bias toward glamourous positions.

Legend

User Info Menu

agreed he's probably a bubble guy and don't foret with the bias against steeler's getting in "because they have too many players in there" it will be especially tough for him to get selected

Legend

User Info Menu

Collinsworth said Ray Ray is hard to get down. Sometimes he’s just talking.

Not sure why people get upset when these guys heap praise on the coaches and players during the game. Are they supposed to bash them repeatedly?

How dare they say nice things.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Collinsworth said Ray Ray is hard to get down. Sometimes he’s just talking.

Not sure why people get upset when these guys heap praise on the coaches and players during the game. Are they supposed to bash them repeatedly?

How dare they say nice things.

because in what they thought was "praise" actually was not.

or do you like when our young players ask for help with something and the head coach tells them "you'll get it"