Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Najee Harris is a bust prediction thread

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    No way. One good game and I'm wrong? I hope I'm wrong, but I still see that guy as slow and with little moves. I see him as Mendenhall level at best, but probably more like an Abercrombie. Which would be considered a bust in the first round, considering what we passed over.
    Are you that Old to remember Walter Abercrombie? Abercrombie was a bust. No power that I remember. Mendenhall couldn't hold the ball and he was soft. The first time he got tackled hard (Ray Lewis) he realized he didn't want to play in the NFL. Najee seeks contact. You can see how much confidence he has in his strength. He delivers punishment. He doesn't recoil and wait for the hit. Like most Alabama RBS he delivers. Does he have any fumbles yet? He's the real deal, an old school FB with old school tail back skills. He is Franco II.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mzFy9P][/url][url=https://flic.k

Pr/p/2mzFy9P]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr

something about that name in a Steelers uniform......Harris in good company....
    My first reaction was "that's a pretty surprising stat".

I would have thought that Bell did this in a pretty good rookie year (860 rush yards, 8 rushing TDs). But I guess not.

Mendenhall only played 4 games / started 1 in his rookie year.

Jerome wasn't drafted by us.

I wonder if Parker did it in his first 5 games started (he didn't start any games in his rookie year where he only got 32 carries). He started 15 games in his 2nd year got 1202 rushing yards, but only 4 TDs.

Clearly next RB we draft should also be a Harris.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    No. It will be brought up and regurgitated ad nausem until the OP surrenders.
    He could win MVP and still be considered a bust by some as we have seen in Lamar Jackson.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think Najee leads all rookie RBs in yards from scrimmage, doesn't he? This in spite of often getting hit behind the LOS in the first 4 games. So he doesn't run the fastest ... he runs like a true Steeler back, runs hard, getting a lot of yards after contact. My preference would have been to go OL in round 1, but I can't find much to fault about Harris's game.

If he is a bust then maybe we need to find a whole lot more "busts" to put on our roster.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think if we keep the run pass balance of last game Najee might be able to hit some of our projections.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-13-2021 at 03:57 PM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I think Najee leads all rookie RBs in yards from scrimmage, doesn't he? This in spite of often getting hit behind the LOS in the first 4 games. So he doesn't run the fastest ... he runs like a true Steeler back, runs hard, getting a lot of yards after contact. My preference would have been to go OL in round 1, but I can't find much to fault about Harris's game.

If he is a bust then maybe we need to find a whole lot more "busts" to put on our roster.
    This. Besides who should we have taken in the first round? Make them, fear Claypool by using mid to deep and BOOM harris suddenly as room to run. We all agree ( I think ) the OL is an issue so Harris who Busted a few this week 1) showed he can do it and 2 ) gets s pass. Green and Chucks and 4 flags between them. Dotson is making the holes.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

This. Besides who should we have taken in the first round? Make them fear Claypool by using mid to deep and BOOM harris suddenly as room to run. We all agree ( I think ) the OL is an issue so Harris who Busted a few this week 1) showed he can do it and 2 ) gets s pass. Green and Chucks and 4 flags between them. Dotson is making the holes.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    Harris is a bust. He's slow and he can't catch.
    yeah, Najee can't catch.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Harris isnt a bust but this offense is busting him