Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Najee Harris is a bust prediction thread

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm hoping this thread is ironic in nature. Harris has elite talent and will be highly successful. Jim Brown couldn't run behind this OL.
    Exactly Shawn. It's the line...not Harris. Harris is all world. And I'm ready to go all in on really upgrading this line next year. We've got to get some real talent on this line. And not a bunch of "maybe" project guys.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    For the record, BUF defense against the run last season wasn't all that special, 25th in rush EPA and 26th in success rate allowed.

I don't know what moves they made this season to change that.

The good news? LV was even worse, so let's see what happens this weekend.
    Bills first 2 picks were DE’s.

But I think we played it close to the vest for obvious reasons.

I think we would normally have Ben pass 40 to 50 times when facing a defense lined up like the Bills to stop the run. Thankfully Canada kept it conservative. My favorite was seeing a game with no turnovers on offense.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Exactly Shawn. It's the line...not Harris. Harris is all world. And I'm ready to go all in on really upgrading this line next year. We've got to get some real talent on this line. And not a bunch of "maybe" project guys.
    "all world"?... a little premature SM? Guy has played in only one NFL game thus far.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    I’m a huge Najee fan but I won’t call him all world or a bust after 1 game.

Our D played great but if they get shredded next week is it time for major upgrades on D too?

This need to define our OL or running game after week 1 is ridiculous.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

"all world"?... a little premature SM? Guy has played in only one NFL game thus far.
    North, I think the guy is super legit. It's the line that is holding him back. Thankfully, we have the bum Raiders coming to town where he should be able to have more room to run. I'm thinking he scores his first TD and gets atleast 80 yards rushing.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 10 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2020 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Starter

User Info Menu

Not that anyone really misses my lack of posting...this thread is one of many reasons I have opted to not...it's a useless endeavor and generally a waste of time. I am already beginning to regret as I type this response.

But here it is anyway. Since we are playing the one game decision on a rookie game...look at this stat line and tell me that this guy is a major bust. Granted it's not game 1 but it is game 3 of his rookie year as a QB:

W 17-6 9 - 19 144 yds 47.4% 0 TD 2 INT 33.6 QBR

Yeah that was Big Ben against the Jets...in 2004. What a freakin bust he was...

As those of you who begin to pull stats from game 2 (which was freaking awesome for a rook), don't bother you are making my point...

IT'S ONE FREAKING GAME!

You now can continue to carry on with your original programming...

Brothervad
    Last edited by brothervad; 09-15-2021 at 01:42 PM.

Backup

User Info Menu

I hope we see Canada utilize Najee more in the pass game. And give him a breather on a series or 2 with Ballage coming in. This will make Najee even more effective.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I don’t even buy this excuse. Its been ONE game on the road against a team some predicted to be a SB contender.

We have no idea how good or bad this OL is yet.. all we know is week 1 they didn’t open up holes when the box was stacked.
    While it's true that we don't know how good or bad they are, I think it's clear that the default assumption should be something like "bad until proven otherwise".

We didn't get to "proven otherwise" after the first game.

But if the D can be that good, maybe it won't matter as much.

Legend

User Info Menu

This.

I think he will be good.

But I think it's unfair to him to have expectations of being all-world, or the next Lev Bell or whatever.

First hurdle is "viable high volume starter in the NFL". I think he will at least be that.

I also agree with others that this thread is intended to be a troll.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    This.

I think he will be good.

But I think it's unfair to him to have expectations of being all-world, or the next Lev Bell or whatever.

First hurdle is "viable high volume starter in the NFL". I think he will at least be that.

I also agree with others that this thread is intended to be a troll.
    Who started the thread?