Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Najee Harris is a bust prediction thread

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    This thread is beyond stupid. Just troll sh!t
    Cannot agree more. He hasn't even played a down at home yet. Its ONE game.
    Derrick Henry had same type first game stats. Hes trash as well I suppose.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm hoping this thread is ironic in nature. Harris has elite talent and will be highly successful. Jim Brown couldn't run behind this OL.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Dumb post. Najee is a beast.....first game on the road vs Bills whole new OL 2 rookies give me a break. Wait till the line develops, Banner comes back Okie sits, they get chemistry. Najee can do it all & has great hands. Ben overthrew him badly in redzone and the other was miscommunication not being on the same page. Worst over reaction since Bustamolu.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I'm hoping this thread is ironic in nature. Harris has elite talent and will be highly successful. Jim Brown couldn't run behind this OL.
    His floor is probably something like "useful all around RB".

That's still a pretty good return on a rookie contract at least.

I agree that the biggest issue with the running game is the OL...and lack of commitment to it in the last couple of years, but I think a new OC deserves a few games (especially ones where we aren't trailing for the majority) to see if that's still an issue.

Legend

User Info Menu

He was a bust.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don’t even buy this excuse. Its been ONE game on the road against a team some predicted to be a SB contender.

We have no idea how good or bad this OL is yet.. all we know is week 1 they didn’t open up holes when the box was stacked.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

The main reason that I have been so much in favor of rebuilding this line is the same answer that I will give to this question. Najee Harris' success will be tied to the level of blocking he receives. James Conner is a great example. In 2018 the Steelers' OL was ranked #1. Not that I trust the PFF method, but if your line is ranked first then they surely are pretty good. Conner went for 4.5YPC and a Pro Bowl. By 2019 and 2020 you saw the obvious declines of Foster, AV, Pouncey, and Decastro. The same James Conner was suddenly not the same.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    The main reason that I have been so much in favor of rebuilding this line is the same answer that I will give to this question. Najee Harris' success will be tied to the level of blocking he receives. James Conner is a great example. In 2018 the Steelers' OL was ranked #1. Not that I trust the PFF method, but if your line is ranked first then they surely are pretty good. Conner went for 4.5YPC and a Pro Bowl. By 2019 and 2020 you saw the obvious declines of Foster, AV, Pouncey, and Decastro. The same James Conner was suddenly not the same.
    Tight End Blocking makes a difference too. Ebron sucks at it.

Legend

User Info Menu

For the record, BUF defense against the run last season wasn't all that special, 25th in rush EPA and 26th in success rate allowed.

I don't know what moves they made this season to change that.

The good news? LV was even worse, so let's see what happens this weekend.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Tight End Blocking makes a difference too. Ebron sucks at it.
    Exactly. It is why I did not love the idea of taking a TE in the first, but did not hate it. Not a pick that directly was aimed at the OL, but it was a pick to help both the run and pass game in terms of target and protection.