Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 283

Thread: "Never Get Rid of Mike Tomlin"

  1. #41
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Regular season Wonder lol...He just doesn't do so well...When he's favored...at Home...In the playoffs!

  2. #42
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Another reference to the Jags game? Geez.. let it rest.

    We lost. Jags D tightened up anytime we got within striking distance.

    We also scored our last TD with 2 seconds
    left when they game was already decided

    D did not play well.. offense also turned the ball over twice on downs.

    The end.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  3. #43
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Disco1981 View Post
    Regular season Wonder lol...He just doesn't do so well...When he's favored...at Home...In the playoffs!
    Cowher is in the HOF already dude. Just let it go.

  4. #44
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Cowher is in the HOF already dude. Just let it go.
    Keep in mind he also predicted Watt wouldn’t sign because he was sick of Tomlin.. lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  5. #45
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    even if he has a down year or 2 do you really move on from him for the unknown?

    when you make the playoffs 2 years and reach an AFCCG after not making the playoffs for 30 years you shouldn’t have to look over your shoulder for a while.

    Maybe they will demand he loses 4 straight SB’s or he isn’t worthy?
    I think that's too short a time (I'd call that short term and medium term more like 3-6 years).

    Although it might depend on what happened during those down years (e.g. if he destroyed his relationship with Allen, you'd almost have to let him go given the commitment they've made to the QB).

  6. #46
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    ...If you think the Jags game was bad...Ben is just not that good period because it is the norm. He is not a HOF worthy QB.

    Just say the defense carried him, because he has plenty of post season win playing worse than that game.
    Ben is HoF worthy even if people think he's bad.

    For better or worse, QBs are measured by SB wins.

    Eli Manning will end up in the HoF because he had two very good playoff runs (even though the rest of his career didn't seem all that great from the outside). Especially since both SB wins were against the Pats.

    And without looking it up, I think it's probably fair to say that Ben is better than Eli by any measure you can reasonably think of.

    But in that game in particular, we needed Ben to be better than Rookie-Year, or Second-Year Ben, or even 2nd SB win Ben. It was clear that the O needed to carry the D in that playoff run after losing 50. And they played very poorly in the 1st half (but later showed us that they could do much, much worse in the first half of a playoff game).

    He wasn't.

    And it's probably not fair to ask a QB to carry a team all by himself. But that was the situation after Shazier went out. And we got Bad Ben for the first 30 minutes (a pretty significant trend lately).

    Thankfully, the D this year looks like it might be able to carry Ben and the offense through some growing pains. And may even be able to deal with a bad (but not monumentally terrible like the Browns) playoff game.

    Also: I thought you finished talking about this game after I showed you that there were 4 turnovers and not 2.
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-15-2021 at 02:01 PM.

  7. #47
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Ben is HoF worthy even if people think he's bad.

    For better or worse, QBs are measured by SB wins.

    Eli Manning will end up in the HoF because he had two very good playoff runs (even though the rest of his career didn't seem all that great from the outside). Especially since both SB wins were against the Pats.

    And without looking it up, I think it's probably fair to say that Ben is better than Eli by any measure you can reasonably think of.

    But in that game in particular, we needed Ben to be better than Rookie-Year, or Second-Year Ben, or even 2nd SB win Ben. It was clear that the O needed to carry the D in that playoff run after losing 50. And they played very poorly in the 1st half (but later showed us that they could do much, much worse in the first half of a playoff game).

    He wasn't.

    And it's probably not fair to ask a QB to carry a team all by himself. But that was the situation after Shazier went out. And we got Bad Ben for the first 30 minutes (a pretty significant trend lately).

    Thankfully, the D this year looks like it might be able to carry Ben and the offense through some growing pains. And may even be able to deal with a bad (but not monumentally terrible like the Browns) playoff game.

    Also: I thought you finished talking about this game after I showed you that there were 4 turnovers and not 2.
    They don’t like to talk about the turnovers on downs… lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  8. #48
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I’ve been consistent over the years saying Tomlin is an excellent coach and the Rooney’s will never part with him. My critique has always been that while he knows the game backwards and forwards - he’s not an innovator. But while I won’t call it innovative, the defensive game plan against Buffalo was a beautiful thing to watch. One blitz the entire game? From Blitzburgh?? Yeah, he’s got the horses on defense - but there is no debate that coaching was the difference in that game and Tomlin was the superior coach.

    And now for my ‘glass is half empty’ yinzer fan hedging - he better get a little innovative with the o-line this week or the raiders front 4 are gonna destroy Ben.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  9. #49
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No. You asked what people said about the Bills coach.

    Go look or ask a Bills fan.
    you're right.

    the bills head coach and golic are not people.
    lol

  10. #50
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I’ve been consistent over the years saying Tomlin is an excellent coach and the Rooney’s will never part with him. My critique has always been that while he knows the game backwards and forwards - he’s not an innovator. But while I won’t call it innovative, the defensive game plan against Buffalo was a beautiful thing to watch. One blitz the entire game? From Blitzburgh?? Yeah, he’s got the horses on defense - but there is no debate that coaching was the difference in that game and Tomlin was the superior coach.

    And now for my ‘glass is half empty’ yinzer fan hedging - he better get a little innovative with the o-line this week or the raiders front 4 are gonna destroy Ben.
    is the Raiders prediction based on the way they got after Lamar on Monday?

    Ravens OT’s are trash this year.. lol.

    When a rival lets a player walk, there is a reason why. Baltimore fans are furious with the AV signing.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •