Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 283

Thread: "Never Get Rid of Mike Tomlin"

  1. #11
    Backup

    User Info Menu

    I have in the past called for Tomlin to move on. I am not so fickle to change my mind this easily. Tomlin is a coach whom most team would love to have. I am also glad he has been in Steeler country, I wish him no ill will. I'm from Kentucky where we have the same issue with Coach John Calipari at UK. Both coaches rack up lots of wins and fun seasons yet both seem to fall short of the goal (Championships). Tomlin won the SB with Cowers team. That's not even a debate. If we are satisfied with fun seasons and lots of wins, Tomlin is our man. If we want SB's it's time to move on.

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ask a Bill’s fan.. I’m sure they know the answer.
    why. Some of this topic is talking about what the bills head coach said in a loss to the Steelers.

    you don’t see the correlation in asking what tomlin had to say after the last 2 games (losses) vs. Buffalo?
    I’m not surprised
    Last edited by NJ-STEELER; 09-15-2021 at 12:24 AM.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    I think it’s easy to see Tomlin getting more involved and the Improved DB play has his imprint.

    If we can have the right horses up front to get pressure with 3 to 4, this D can be lights out.

    My concern and it always has been is this team is tied to how well our 39 year old QB can play. And to some degree, I think you can argue Tomlin has been hamstrung by Big Ben.

    I love Ben and that’s hard to say and Ben deserves all the credit for the early SuperBowl. But the last 10 years. Meh?

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    We will know when we have a problem at the HC position. Some of the arguments that people make/made against Tomlin were not a good enough reason to fire him or not renew his contract.

    At the end of the day coaching success is tied directly to how players perform.

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    why. Some of this topic is talking about what the bills head coach said in a loss to the Steelers.

    you don’t see the correlation in asking what tomlin had to say after the last 2 games (losses) vs. Buffalo?
    I’m not surprised
    No. You asked what people said about the Bills coach.

    Go look or ask a Bills fan.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I think it’s easy to see Tomlin getting more involved and the Improved DB play has his imprint.

    If we can have the right horses up front to get pressure with 3 to 4, this D can be lights out.

    My concern and it always has been is this team is tied to how well our 39 year old QB can play. And to some degree, I think you can argue Tomlin has been hamstrung by Big Ben.

    I love Ben and that’s hard to say and Ben deserves all the credit for the early SuperBowl. But the last 10 years. Meh?
    careful Flippy.. lol.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  7. #17
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    We will know when we have a problem at the HC position. Some of the arguments that people make/made against Tomlin were not a good enough reason to fire him or not renew his contract.

    At the end of the day coaching success is tied directly to how players perform.
    "A coach can lose games when he's got the players, but I guarantee he can't win without them" - Bill Parcells

    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mr3BFB][/url][url=https://flic.kr/p/2mr3BFB]Capture[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/191750946@N04/]R W[/url], on Flickr
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 09-15-2021 at 07:27 AM.

  8. #18
    Starter

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    I have in the past called for Tomlin to move on. I am not so fickle to change my mind this easily. Tomlin is a coach whom most team would love to have. I am also glad he has been in Steeler country, I wish him no ill will. I'm from Kentucky where we have the same issue with Coach John Calipari at UK. Both coaches rack up lots of wins and fun seasons yet both seem to fall short of the goal (Championships). Tomlin won the SB with Cowers team. That's not even a debate. If we are satisfied with fun seasons and lots of wins, Tomlin is our man. If we want SB's it's time to move on.
    I always think this is one of the worst arguments anyone can make. You get rid of a very good to outstanding head coach because you are not satisfied because of a lack of championships. It is very difficult to win championships and any team that bows to fan pressure and fires an excellent head coach, because they think all they need is someone else and a championship will come very easily, lives to regret it.

    That team then dips to bottom feeder status and is no longer contending and probably for a long stretch of time.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by KYPITTFAN View Post
    Tomlin won the SB with Cowers team. That's not even a debate.
    I don't understand this argument. To me, it says that Tomlin can coach well enough to win a Super Bowl.

    So, are you saying he's a great coach but can't find his own talent? Because we have another guy in the front office who's more responsible for putting the talent on the team than Tomlin.,

  10. #20
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Steelerphile View Post
    I always think this is one of the worst arguments anyone can make. You get rid of a very good to outstanding head coach because you are not satisfied because of a lack of championships. It is very difficult to win championships and any team that bows to fan pressure and fires an excellent head coach, because they think all they need is someone else and a championship will come very easily, lives to regret it.

    That team then dips to bottom feeder status and is no longer contending and probably for a long stretch of time.
    I think the whole “SB or bust” is a terrible way to view sports. There are countless arguments about how great a player or coach is and its always “but how many championships?”

    We have become “all or nothing” with sports and it has to be depressing for fans who only enjoy championship seasons.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •