Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cam Sutton

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    His contract voids after next season (not this one).

At that point, we should see a drop in dead money (big hits coming next season), no expensive QB on the books, and an increase in the cap as new TV money comes in.

Hopefully that means we'll be able to keep him if we want to.

Probably for long enough that he'll be in an age range where he'd start to decline after that contract.
    Haden will be done by then.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    I am thinking, as I watch Cam play, that we FINALLY got lucky and landed a quality DB in the mid-rounds. (3rd round) My question is, what took him so long to get playing time? He was drafted in 2017. You can't convince me it took 5 years to get him ready for a starting gig. If he continues on this path, how long until we lose him in FA?
    Defense was too complicated to learn quickly.
    I'm as stoked as anyone about Sutton but we've been fooled before with one year wonders.

Legend

User Info Menu

i tried to calm people fears after releasing nelson pointing to how good sutton played in a start vs tenn and their big physical receivers.

even on diggs TD, he was all over him in coverage

Legend

User Info Menu

I am thinking, as I watch Cam play, that we FINALLY got lucky and landed a quality DB in the mid-rounds. (3rd round) My question is, what took him so long to get playing time? He was drafted in 2017. You can't convince me it took 5 years to get him ready for a starting gig. If he continues on this path, how long until we lose him in FA
    thats especially nice to see. hopefully highsmith continues it

Legend

User Info Menu

I am thinking, as I watch Cam play, that we FINALLY got lucky and landed a quality DB in the mid-rounds. (3rd round) My question is, what took him so long to get playing time? He was drafted in 2017. You can't convince me it took 5 years to get him ready for a starting gig. If he continues on this path, how long until we lose him in FA?
    Good question.. and I guess I'd say better late the never...
    Especially when you see our less than stellar track record for drafting DBs (Golsen, Burns, S. Davis, C. Allen, etc etc).

And then you consider some of the late round/undrafted gems that weve produced in recent memory.. Mike Hilton..
    And more recently... Tre Norwood and James Pierre. I guess it shows that pre-draft player evaluation has a margin of error.
    Last edited by Ernie; 09-15-2021 at 05:43 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i tried to calm people fears after releasing nelson pointing to how good sutton played in a start vs tenn and their big physical receivers.

even on diggs TD, he was all over him in coverage
    It's only one game, but I'm happy to be looking wrong about our CB situation.

Backup

User Info Menu

Sutton had a good first game. I still worry about the lack of elite speed from both our starting corners.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Sometimes football is a guessing game from coaches and players.

Sutton played well on Sunday. Consistency will be the key going forward.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haden will be done by then.
    I think Haden is off the team next year unless he decides to come back on the cheap.

He's too old to make a long term bet on IMO.

Rookie

User Info Menu

If you rewatch the games Sutton played last year he was very solid. I rewatched first half of Bills game last year & he was sold there too.