Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32

Thread: Bud

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Bud

    As my name suggests, I live in Arizona. So local market TV yesterday had the Cardinals vs Titans. No problem, I just rolled out my second tv and bada bing, illegal streaming from laptop to tv via HDMI cable of the Steelers game. Now, maybe I just wasn't paying close enough attention to the cards vs titans game (super likely) but I didn't notice Bud ONCE! I wonder if anyone else has looked at highlights from this game, and if any can even be found of a positive play for that Titans D yesterday, where Bud made an impact. Maybe I'll just check the box score, make sure he even made a tackle. LMAO

    Right now, I believe we all can say, "Bud who?". This defense looks mean. Super stoked to watch them jell and grow.



    **EDIT** Stat line for Bud yesterday :

    TACKLES MISC
    TOT SOLO SACKS TFL PD QB HTS TD
    Bud Dupree 1 1 0 0 0 0 0

    Last edited by AzStillers1989; 09-13-2021 at 05:50 PM.

  2. #2
    Benchwarmer

    User Info Menu

    I loved Bud you can't pay him Watt & Minkah....They knew which 2 were the most important.....I'm not real big on Highsmith yet he seems vulnerable vs run, but i love the Ingram signing he was a beast yesterday.

  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    I loved Bud you can't pay him Watt & Minkah....They knew which 2 were the most important.....I'm not real big on Highsmith yet he seems vulnerable vs run, but i love the Ingram signing he was a beast yesterday.
    Weren't you a regular over at stillernation.com? If so, what happened to the site?

    Pappy


    The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Weren't you a regular over at stillernation.com? If so, what happened to the site?

    Pappy
    It's been a ghostown there for a long time. Everyone seems to have abandoned the place. Not sure exactly why. Can't even blame Crash for it!

  5. #5
    Benchwarmer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Weren't you a regular over at stillernation.com? If so, what happened to the site?

    Pappy
    Everybody left it died. It's just Ben Groper, HHH, Bawb & The Dude cracking jokes at each other....the only ones left that even talk serious football are HamJack & WinstonWolfe.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Everybody left it died. It's just Ben Groper, HHH, Bawb & The Dude cracking jokes at each other....the only ones left that even talk serious football are HamJack & WinstonWolfe.
    HHH was on the Trib too (at least a user with that name).

    IIRC he was a hate everything and fire everyone kind of guy.

    Worth remembering that feeling was also very strong when Cowher was a coach (guys like HHH, Crash, etc). The HC is always a good fall guy for anything that doesn't go well.

    Like Cowher, we'll miss Tomlin when he's gone. Hopefully we catch lightning in a bottle a 4th time in a row when that happens.

  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Bud Dupree - 1 tackle yesterday
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

  8. #8
    Rookie

    User Info Menu

    There was at least one run play that Highsmith got washed inside on that Bud would have made. Thankfully we have Melvin Ingram around.

    I like Bud a lot but he was clearly the odd man out.

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    The Steelers got everything they wanted out of Bud. They took his option, coached him up but at the end of the day (as was said above) they simply couldn't afford to keep all the pieces in place and so they made the business decision to let Bud hit the market. Bud made the business decision to find an awesome deal in Tenn that will set him up for life if he's smart with his money. I don't root for him to fail, I don't cheer for him to succeed. He was great for us, but was a cap casualty and he's moved on with his career.

    On a competitive level - I do like it when other teams overpay for players and then have to carry that dead weight for a few years, but it's way too early to see if that's the case with Tenn.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    The Steelers got everything they wanted out of Bud. They took his option, coached him up but at the end of the day (as was said above) they simply couldn't afford to keep all the pieces in place and so they made the business decision to let Bud hit the market. Bud made the business decision to find an awesome deal in Tenn that will set him up for life if he's smart with his money. I don't root for him to fail, I don't cheer for him to succeed. He was great for us, but was a cap casualty and he's moved on with his career.

    On a competitive level - I do like it when other teams overpay for players and then have to carry that dead weight for a few years, but it's way too early to see if that's the case with Tenn.
    It is. Bud was barley better than Jones. I read a stat that proved 90-some % of Bud's sacks came when NO ONE was in front of him at the time of his signing with TN. Bud is overrated, period. He was nearly a bust as a draft pick. His measurables were great (size and speed) but he had crap intangibles. We will be immeasurably better with Highsmith and Ingram for much less $.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •