Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers @ Chargers

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers @ Chargers

A step up in competition this week. On the road.

Chargers can be ran on . So thereís a good starting point for us. How do you see this one playing out?
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steeler 19
    Chargers 16

Another low scoring slugfest.

Not even sure the Chargers are a step up in competition. They haven’t lived up to the hype this year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    How do you see this one playing out?
    if we lose, it will be Tomlin's fault.

obviously.

and we'll see whatever/squidkid posting again, he's had to wait a long time since our last loss.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Minkah out? TJ out? No Tuitt back? Ben out again? Claypool, Dotson and Turner, too?

It could be ugly.

I'm gonna say, not as ugly as it could be--
    Chargers 35
    Steelers 10

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Its a West Coast road game in the Pacific time zone! Not a thing to worry. Our record is giving the fans a false read, we beat / drew with bad teams.. by a small margin at home. We won't have that again and I predict we will see a let down in the second half of the season.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Minkah out? TJ out? No Tuitt back? Ben out again? Claypool, Dotson and Turner, too?

It could be ugly.

I'm gonna say, not as ugly as it could be--
    Chargers 35
    Steelers 10
    Just saw a report that Ben should be back. So there's a ray of sunshine. I guess.
    From the 2010-2020 season, (A 11 year period that the majority of Cowher's players & coaches had left) Mike Tomlin has only won 3 playoff games. And two of those wins were against back up Quarterbacks. Currently, Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years.

Dolphin fans in the 90ís held on to Don Shula for too long for what he did in the playoffs in the 70ís...
    Are the same as Steeler fans (of 2021 ) holding on to Tomlin for too long for what he did in 2008, with Cowher's players & coaches.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Buchsbaum View Post
    Its a West Coast road game in the Pacific time zone! Not a thing to worry. Our record is giving the fans a false read
    I think this last tie against the winless Lions brought most Steelers' fans expectations back to Earth.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

No prediction from me. We usually don’t play well out west but the Steelers usually rise to the occasion when faced with adversity.

Bring it! I’ll enjoy watching.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    No prediction from me. We usually don’t play well out west but the Steelers usually rise to the occasion when faced with adversity.

Bring it! I’ll enjoy watching.
    I’ll always predict a win..

even though my season prediction had 6 losses I just can’t bring myself to do it the week of the game.

I’m in Vegas right now. The time change is crazy.. no idea how athletes do it.

Now I get why our west coast record is so sketchy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I think this last tie against the winless Lions brought most Steelers' fans expectations back to Earth.
    nah.. I think most fans knew this year was a toss up or worse.

Even in my change your record prediction thread most people were conservative.