Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bud

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Ingram looks like he is playing the best ball of his life at 31 ... the man was all over the field and looked unstoppable
    so does Heyward.
    Fun thing to think about; if Aaron Donald went up against Heyward mano-a-mano who wins that battle. No homerism, I think Heyward wins it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    even if the cap hit were the same I think with Highsmith and Ingram we are in better shape as we are now insulated vs injury and as long as healthy we always have a fresh body to plug in for a few snap on either side allowing both edges to stay fresh an quite frankly ( granted just 1 game ) Ingram looks like he is playing the best ball of his life at 31 ... the man was all over the field and looked unstoppable
    I really like that we have 3 guys that look good.

But we probably had that last year with TJ / Bud / Highsmith. Although Highsmith should be better in year 2 than year 1.

Not sure which group is better in terms of talent.

But I certainly like rolling with the current group. Especially if they can be around where they were last Sunday most weeks.

Legend

User Info Menu

Dupree watch:

2 G (39 snaps); 2 solos, 1 QB hit; 1 pass target, 29 yds allowed

His replacement (A. Highsmith):

2 G (44 snaps); 6 solos, 1 assist, 1 TFL, 3 QB hurries, 3 QB pressures, 2 targets - 1 completion 6 yds
    Last edited by NorthCoast; 09-21-2021 at 04:54 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Dupree watch:

2 G (39 snaps); 2 solos, 1 QB hit; 1 pass target, 29 yds allowed

His replacement (A. Highsmith):

2 G (44 snaps); 6 solos, 1 assist, 1 TFL, 3 QB hurries, 3 QB pressures, 2 targets - 1 completion 6 yds
    So far its a win for the good guys.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have been praising Highsmith all preseason but when Watt went down on Sunday he wasnt doing much. Ingram has be in the backfield consistently.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    I have been praising Highsmith all preseason but when Watt went down on Sunday he wasnt doing much. Ingram has be in the backfield consistently.
    FWIW I think when a coach has to completely tear up a gameplan during a game then everybody is affected. I would not judge the play of Highsmith (or anybody) based on last game. You had a gameplan, and practiced all week, expecting Watt, Haden, Alualu, and Bush. Suddenly the staff has to scramble to cover up gaps in the D. Not using an excuse, but there is an explanation as to why a D that you would have seen on the field in pre-season is not capable of stepping in last second and performing at the same level as one of the league's best defenses.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    FWIW I think when a coach has to completely tear up a gameplan during a game then everybody is affected. I would not judge the play of Highsmith (or anybody) based on last game. You had a gameplan, and practiced all week, expecting Watt, Haden, Alualu, and Bush. Suddenly the staff has to scramble to cover up gaps in the D. Not using an excuse, but there is an explanation as to why a D that you would have seen on the field in pre-season is not capable of stepping in last second and performing at the same level as one of the league's best defenses.
    His gameplan is to come off the edge and get to the QB, he really didnt do it, Ingram was still able to get pressure. Im not saying that its the case going forward but i expected more of what we saw in the preseason.

Legend

User Info Menu

Looks like the Steelers paid the right guy.... so it really wasn't Bud occupying blockers to free up Watt....btw, where IS Bud?!?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Bud isn't very bright. No surprised he's not doing well. It will take him 2 years to learn the new defense. Meanwhile I'll take the third round pick!
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    Weren't you a regular over at stillernation.com? If so, what happened to the site?

Pappy
    Everybody left it died. It's just Ben Groper, HHH, Bawb & The Dude cracking jokes at each other....the only ones left that even talk serious football are HamJack & WinstonWolfe.