Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bud

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    It is. Bud was barley better than Jones. I read a stat that proved 90-some % of Bud's sacks came when NO ONE was in front of him at the time of his signing with TN. Bud is overrated, period. He was nearly a bust as a draft pick. His measurables were great (size and speed) but he had crap intangibles. We will be immeasurably better with Highsmith and Ingram for much less $.
    I think that Bud is a very good piece on a good D that can already pressure the QB. Bud is not the guy who you build around.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Bud will be fine with the Titans , remember it took him over 3 years to look decent ( then really good) in this system here ... he is a slow developer in scheme ( maybe not real bright ? ) then couple that with the fact he is still not 100% ( no way he can be yet ) .... they over paid for him because they needed the production he produced here in his final 2 years and quite frankly I doubt they ever get that as partly it was the system and partly it was the fact TJ was on the other side ... he has neither now so ....
    former @dwinsgames on twitter , but alas I was banned for my conservative views

Legend

User Info Menu

I know Watt balled out and made his money week 1 compared to Bud…

but its 1 game.

ONE
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dwinsgames View Post
    Bud will be fine with the Titans , remember it took him over 3 years to look decent ( then really good) in this system here ... he is a slow developer in scheme ( maybe not real bright ? ) then couple that with the fact he is still not 100% ( no way he can be yet ) .... they over paid for him because they needed the production he produced here in his final 2 years and quite frankly I doubt they ever get that as partly it was the system and partly it was the fact TJ was on the other side ... he has neither now so ....
    Agreed

He's coming off a fairly late ACL injury.

I think he'll be fine over there too.

But I'd much rather have our edge rusher situation at the cap hits we're paying.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I know Watt balled out and made his money week 1 compared to Bud…

but its 1 game.

ONE
    Ya the week 1 over reaction is out of control, im watching espn and the healine of the topic being debated is "Should Urban Myer return to collefe football?". Lol he may not turn out to be a good coach but damn I dont think he leaving after one game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    Ya the week 1 over reaction is out of control, im watching espn and the healine of the topic being debated is "Should Urban Myer return to collefe football?". Lol he may not turn out to be a good coach but damn I dont think he leaving after one game.
    They did the same thing down here with Matt Rhule. Had people asking if he would leave on sports radio because one article had his name in it.

Anything for clicks and views.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.wizard View Post
    They should at least wait until the bye.