Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it fair to say, no real surprises today?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    While some say the OL didn't look great, keep in mind what it looked like last season when they played BUF. The difference was noticeable in my opinion.
    I agree. Our play last year was awful and we still won the division. If we can just get average initially while the unit learns, grows and comes together - we should be in good shape. With any luck, this can be a group we ride to elite o-line play in the future.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    While some say the OL didn't look great, keep in mind what it looked like last season when they played BUF. The difference was noticeable in my opinion.
    I look at it this way. The OL we saw last year was awful with three guys on a serious decline, and two guys playing out of position, with a better guard sitting on the bench. The line yesterday was also not good, but should be ascending. Two rooks playing their first games, and a group who barely played together during the pre-season. With such a young, raw, talented group they should only get better.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Amazing, every single person who has posted in this thread joined in 2008. So I had to come post and buck that trend! LOL

Rookie

User Info Menu

I didn't think Ben was "in mastery of his game". He missed a lot of easy 5 yard throws & his long balls he has to put air under them & hope the WR outmuscles DBS for them. He was clutch in second half & end of game to DJ when it mattered most.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    Amazing, every single person who has posted in this thread joined in 2008. So I had to come post and buck that trend! LOL
    may 2008 was when a lot of us bailed on the Trib boards and the vitriol that was spewed there and came over here for a better experience. That environment held pretty good until around 2 years ago when a few keyboard commandos decided life just wasn't worthwhile unless they could demonstrate their superiority in all things football by calling other posters idiots, morons, racist, etc.......

I'm not the only who has noticed a lot of long time quality contributors have simply vanished in recent years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    I didn't think Ben was "in mastery of his game". He missed a lot of easy 5 yard throws & his long balls he has to put air under them & hope the WR outmuscles DBS for them. He was clutch in second half & end of game to DJ when it mattered most.
    my point was mastery within the confines of he knew exactly what was coming and what he needed to do. Now as to his 38 year old body and repaired elbow making the throw - I agree the physical skills are in decline. Let's hope his knowledge and understanding of the game will compensate for diminishing playmaking ability.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    may 2008 was when a lot of us bailed on the Trib boards and the vitriol that was spewed there and came over here for a better experience. That environment held pretty good until around 2 years ago when a few keyboard commandos decided life just wasn't worthwhile unless they could demonstrate their superiority in all things football by calling other posters idiots, morons, racist, etc.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Maniac View Post
    Your mother is an idiot; the best part of you ran down her leg the night of your conception in the backseat of that car in the trailer park. Hahahahahaha
    I've never seen a more vile, disgusting, classless inappropriate insult than that one.
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.