Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you view the highlights

Legend

User Info Menu

When you view the highlights

of this game.

take a 2nd look at what heyward does on TJ's sack and fumble

what mooth does to spring claypool on his end around should have been TD.
    remember the questions on his blocking

the angle killebrew takes on his punt block. i'm not sure i've ever seen a player take an angle like that and block a kick.

excellent stuff all around

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A good highlight to check is Turner's man handling of #49 on the quick screen to Johnson on the first offensive drive. He threw him down like a rag doll!

0:46 into the video below.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

what mooth does to spring claypool on his end around should have been TD.
    remember the questions on his blocking
    damn !!

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/status/1437794935906971655

Legend

User Info Menu

look at the JuJu Smith back shoulder highlight… and watch Washington and his moves to get open.

There is a reason he is losing tick and appears slow to me. He just doesn’t have the moves to get open quickly.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Starter

User Info Menu

I don't remember the questions on his blocking...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AzStillers1989 View Post
    A good highlight to check is Turner's man handling of #49 on the quick screen to Johnson on the first offensive drive. He threw him down like a rag doll!

0:46 into the video below.

If you want to see a hold that wasn't called watch TJ Watt starting at 1 minute into the video, the first guy grabs him around the waist and then the second guy literally tackles him to the ground, held twice on one play and no call.

Pappy
    Last edited by papillon; 09-15-2021 at 10:04 AM.

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If you want to see a hold that wasn't called watch TJ Watt starting at 1 minute into the video, the first guy grabs him around the waist and then the second guy literally tackles him to the ground, held twice on one play and no call.

Pappy
    I was furious.. I believe they converted a 3rd down on that play too.
    Last edited by papillon; 09-15-2021 at 10:04 AM.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Just finished rewatching the game and my opinion is the Steelers won this game because Allen was off his game. He was off his game because he was A) confused as hell by what he was seeing on defense, B) fearing for his life on just about every dropback, C) could not reliably use his legs to get them out of trouble, D) first game jitters. He missed on some key throws in the second half that I don't recall seeing him do the last couple times the Steelers played him. He's too good to keep down so we'll see if any other team can do what the Steelers did.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hard to overstate what a great add Ingram was.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Just finished rewatching the game and my opinion is the Steelers won this game because Allen was off his game. He was off his game because he was A) confused as hell by what he was seeing on defense, B) fearing for his life on just about every dropback, C) could not reliably use his legs to get them out of trouble, D) first game jitters. He missed on some key throws in the second half that I don't recall seeing him do the last couple times the Steelers played him. He's too good to keep down so we'll see if any other team can do what the Steelers did.
    One thing to consider is that wind was (supposedly) a factor. Actually, the way that their stadium is built, I believe that the wind is often a factor. If you watch the Steelers in the second half, they had success with a mid range passing game - passes traveling around 10 yards in the air, mostly thrown without much arc. Kudos to them for adjusting to the conditions better than the team who plays in that stadium.