Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When you view the highlights

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    If you want to see a hold that wasn't called watch TJ Watt starting at 1 minute into the video, the first guy grabs him around the waist and then the second guy literally tackles him to the ground, held twice on one play and no call.

Pappy
    Bills were holding & tackling our rushers almost every play.

Legend

User Info Menu

If you want to see a hold that wasn't called watch TJ Watt starting at 1 minute into the video, the first guy grabs him around the waist and then the second guy literally tackles him to the ground, held twice on one play and no call.

Pappy
    I think if you get held by two guys at the same time, the penalties offset and the play stands. Two wrongs make a right or something

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Just finished rewatching the game and my opinion is the Steelers won this game because Allen was off his game. He was off his game because he was A) confused as hell by what he was seeing on defense, B) fearing for his life on just about every dropback, C) could not reliably use his legs to get them out of trouble, D) first game jitters. He missed on some key throws in the second half that I don't recall seeing him do the last couple times the Steelers played him. He's too good to keep down so we'll see if any other team can do what the Steelers did.
    That's a little unfair to our DBS. He had a lot of passes on target that our DBS knocked down or defended very well. He did have Sanders open long for an easy TD he missed where Norwood got burned. I'm also not sure Allen makes it through the game if his OL doesn't hold almost every play.
    Last edited by LPMAN; 09-15-2021 at 11:36 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Just finished rewatching the game and my opinion is the Steelers won this game because Allen was off his game. He was off his game because he was A) confused as hell by what he was seeing on defense, B) fearing for his life on just about every dropback, C) could not reliably use his legs to get them out of trouble, D) first game jitters. He missed on some key throws in the second half that I don't recall seeing him do the last couple times the Steelers played him. He's too good to keep down so we'll see if any other team can do what the Steelers did.
    Allen is better than I thought he would be but this line “Allen is too good to keep
    down” is a bit premature.

He is a gritty player and he uses his legs more than people would think. He also makes some head scratching decisions with the football.

Not sure if he is as good as his paycheck and expectations tho.. but he definitely is better than I expected. His accuracy downfield has always been an issue too.

One thing is for sure, we were in the backfield often and if their OL isn’t legit he will struggle this year.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Before the game, some people over here were worried that he'd revert back to Old Josh when there was crowd noise. That maybe the sterile environments last season were a big reason for the improved play.

But I think it's also important to remember that these are long suffering Bills fans who have come to believe that they don't deserve to have nice things.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Allen is better than I thought he would be but this line “Allen is too good to keep
    down” is a bit premature.

He is a gritty player and he uses his legs more than people would think. He also makes some head scratching decisions with the football.

Not sure if he is as good as his paycheck and expectations tho.. but he definitely is better than I expected. His accuracy downfield has always been an issue too.

One thing is for sure, we were in the backfield often and if their OL isn’t legit he will struggle this year.
    Yeah, plus the Steelers D held Allen down in entire first half last year in Buffalo & only got beat because we had ZERO offense & they were on field whole game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Yeah, plus the Steelers D held Allen down in entire first half last year in Buffalo & only got beat because we had ZERO offense & they were on field whole game.
    I believe the Steeler defense has Josh Allen figured out pretty good at this point. As long as the offense can muster drives and points to some degree the Steelers should be good to go against Allen.

The same Jackson in Baltimore. The defense seems to have his number as well. This season will hinge on the offense being productive, they don't have to be the Chiefs but they can't go entire halves without sustaining drives and getting some points.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Rookie

User Info Menu

I believe the Steeler defense has Josh Allen figured out pretty good at this point. As long as the offense can muster drives and points to some degree the Steelers should be good to go against Allen.

The same Jackson in Baltimore. The defense seems to have his number as well. This season will hinge on the offense being productive, they don't have to be the Chiefs but they can't go entire halves without sustaining drives and getting some points.

Pappy
    Hey Pappy! Another former SNer...

Legend

User Info Menu

..... This season will hinge on the offense being productive, they don't have to be the Chiefs but they can't go entire halves without sustaining drives and getting some points.

Pappy
    I agree with this and it's a big reason why the defense faded at the end of last season. They could only do so much before the floodgates opened.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LPMAN View Post
    Hey Pappy! Another former SNer...
    I hung out there occasionally, more for the entertainment than anything else. I didn't post much, a lot of the threads deteriorated into a free-for-all. There were some interesting characters on that site to be sure.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert