Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Browns

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Plus, that's the toughest game on their schedule, and they had the game won. The Browns have almost no weaknesses.
    wrong.. Baltimore, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh are the toughest games on their schedule.

Teams who are familiar with your tendencies in the division are usually the toughest games regardless of records.

While it was an impressive outing it was also just one game. We tend to overreact after week 1 and most teams have yet to truly find their identity.

Browns player great tho.. but not ready to crown them after 1 game.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Backup

User Info Menu

They are still the Stains as far as I am concerned. They lost and it marks up in the loss column. Mayfield choked in crunch time. After 4 years he still chokes
    They tried to buy a new defense. I like our chances.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by "BuzzNuter" View Post
    They are still the Stains as far as I am concerned. They lost and it marks up in the loss column. Mayfield choked in crunch time. After 4 years he still chokes
    They tried to buy a new defense. I like our chances.
    They lost in Browns fashion, snatching defeat from the hands of victory.
    Gotta respect them offensively anyway.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    They lost in Browns fashion, snatching defeat from the hands of victory.
    Gotta respect them offensively anyway.
    yup, and the Brownies played without OBJ.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    OBJ is nothing but a distraction for that team. I think I heard today that he's been out injured as many games as he's played in CLE. Landry is the better receiver.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I know it's hard, but it's just week 1. The Steelers haven't won the SB yet and the browns haven't lost it either. 17 games this year - it's gonna be a grind. All the AFC north games are going to be a bloodbath. With 3 of us making the playoffs last year all the schedules are brutal. I think the ability to stay healthy will likely be the most impactful aspect of this season.

So I'm happy for the steelers, happy the stains lost - but still, week 1.

Jax started off last season with a victory in week 1. didn't turn out so well after that.....
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    I know it's hard, but it's just week 1. The Steelers haven't won the SB yet and the browns haven't lost it either. 17 games this year - it's gonna be a grind. All the AFC north games are going to be a bloodbath. With 3 of us making the playoffs last year all the schedules are brutal. I think the ability to stay healthy will likely be the most impactful aspect of this season.

Jax started off last season with a victory in week 1. didn't turn out so well after that.....
    You're not wrong Starlifter. But here's the thing, last season it felt like hanging on offensively for dear life and avoiding dropping to the floor. This year it feels like 'how high is the ceiling for this team'?

But as we learned painfully well last season, it's never about how they start a season but how they finish.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I actually think they are better without OBJ. Baker’s ball distribution is better without OBJ.

I hope he comes back soon.. lol.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post

exactly.. but let’s remember we aren’t n the team so we can say as much wild ish as we want and it won’t impact how the team approaches each game.

I do find it hilarious how 1 game is used to make so many sweeping generalizations.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    exactly.. but let’s remember we aren’t n the team so we can say as much wild ish as we want and it won’t impact how the team approaches each game.

I do find it hilarious how 1 game is used to make so many sweeping generalizations.
    Just reminded me that last season someone was warning us about "our" overconfidence like the team might lose as a result.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher