Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Game thread: Steelers vs Buffalo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I think any rationale person knew that the Off Line would be work in progress given 2 rookie starters, a second year starter a free agent and a third year player who has lots to prove. Too expect otherwise would be unrealistic given that so much of line play is coordination and familiarity with each other.

If we get better each week, we will be a team to be reckoned with.
    I think this is true. And it's exciting that we have the opportunity to improve from what was a very good team performance.

But people who were agreeing with Felt about Najee's yardage predictions might want to revise down a bit...because as you say, reasonable people know that the line isn't good now but will hopefully get better.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Add in another factor no one is talking about; it was LOUD in that stadium and the Steelers had to use a silent count sometimes to overcome. I think there was only two false starts on the day. Given the environment and inexperience that's not bad at all.
    I think its a bit odd for people to question the OL after 1 away game against an opponent damn near no one predicted us to beat.

Don’t get me wrong, the OL is definitely a concern this year due to their youth but when you look at the Bills OL struggling to protect Allen I think we did well.

Ben had a time most of the day and while the running game didn’t have much success the Bills were also selling out to stop the run.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Add in another factor no one is talking about; it was LOUD in that stadium and the Steelers had to use a silent count sometimes to overcome. I think there was only two false starts on the day. Given the environment and inexperience that's not bad at all.
    Great point and one most people are overlooking as a key to yesterday. That is really big, because the offense needed to be in front of the sticks and they were for the most part, false start penalties would have been killers yesterday, good on the oline.

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Dude.. it was the first game against a quality opponent.

I think our entire O was out of sync in the first half.

Itís frustrating but this is what happens when the starting offense plays for 2 series ll preseason.

Might be the earliest bust prediction in Steeler board history.
    It's not the earliest bust prediction in Steeler board history. I've made bust predictions on this board minutes after guys were drafted.

Harris is a bust. That guy is slower than salmon swimming upstream, and it looks like he has the hands of Moncrief.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    It's not the earliest bust prediction in Steeler board history. I've made bust predictions on this board minutes after guys were drafted.

Harris is a bust. That guy is slower than salmon swimming upstream, and it looks like he has the hands of Moncrief.
    oh.. my bad, didn’t know this was a joke post.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think this is true. And it's exciting that we have the opportunity to improve from what was a very good team performance.

But people who were agreeing with Felt about Najee's yardage predictions might want to revise down a bit...because as you say, reasonable people know that the line isn't good now but will hopefully get better.
    whoa whoa… didn’t you expect us to lose the first game? Slow down a bit NB.

It was the first game on the road in Buffalo. No one predicted 100 yard games on the ground every week.

If the Raiders give up a ton of yards on the ground and we struggle to run the ball then I will agree the prediction needs to be scaled back.

If Najee has a nice game then maybe it was simply due to who our opponent was week 1.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

oh.. my bad, didn’t know this was a joke post.
    It's not. Harris is a bust. I'm seldom wrong on this stuff. We should have picked an OL, instead of Harris. Bust. The Hand of Fate is on us now, it picks us up and it knocks us down.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    It's not. Harris is a bust. I'm seldom wrong on this stuff. We should have picked an OL, instead of Harris. Bust. The Hand of Fate is on us now, it picks us up and it knocks us down.
    Dude, you're just stirring the pot. Harris had some good runs in the 2nd half. Buffalo has a good defense.
    Last edited by "BuzzNuter"; 09-13-2021 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Did not finish

Legend

User Info Menu

whoa whoaÖ didnít you expect us to lose the first game? Slow down a bit NB.

It was the first game on the road in Buffalo. No one predicted 100 yard games on the ground every week.

If the Raiders give up a ton of yards on the ground and we struggle to run the ball then I will agree the prediction needs to be scaled back.

If Najee has a nice game then maybe it was simply due to who our opponent was week 1.
    I did think we were going to lose.

I didn't think the D would be as good as it was.

I absolutely wasn't expecting a ST TD.

But I'm very excited that we still beat a very good team when the O only showed up for a half or so. I would be even more excited if we could have looked better in the red zone. But it's good that we could get a quality win when there are things we can still get better at.

Backup

User Info Menu

Here's a fact to ponder. Najee played every offensive down yesterday. I just heard it. There's more to being a RB than running