Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Game thread: Steelers vs Buffalo

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    You sound more like the board dad every day.

(I appreciate the dad jokes)

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    How long do we all have to wait with bated breath to determine a winner? How are we defining bust? Traded from Steelers, cut by the Steelers, benched by the Steelers, etc. How do we define success? 1 - 1,000 yard season, 2, 3, 4? multiple 1500 total yard seasons? I'm interested in seeing how this plays out.

Pappy
    Come on Pappy, you should know better than that. This is the internet. No matter what happens, both sides claim victory.

Rookie

User Info Menu

yeah looks like he made to play with big ben. hope he can continue cos really opens up options. still early.

Legend

User Info Menu

"that's three holding calls on the Bills already...once you get three it ain't holding anymore...it's cheating"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    "that's three holding calls on the Bills already...once you get three it ain't holding anymore...it's cheating"

On Najee Harris...they snap the ball, the offensive line lays down, Najee, you figure it out... rotflmao

Pappy

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend

User Info Menu

When I saw this live I didn't think it was off-sides but the ref threw the flag anyway. Highsmith's getoff is crazy quick;

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/st...htmode%3Dfalse

Legend

User Info Menu

When I saw this live I didn't think it was off-sides but the ref threw the flag anyway. Highsmith's getoff is crazy quick;

https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot/st...htmode%3Dfalse
    It's crazy.

In slow-mo, I think he starts moving before the ball is snapped. But I'm not sure he crosses the LoS.

I can see how they would have called this a penalty on the field.

Hopefully Highsmith ends up being very good and we have the "problem" of trying to afford two very good pass rushers in a few years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    It's crazy.

In slow-mo, I think he starts moving before the ball is snapped. But I'm not sure he crosses the LoS.

I can see how they would have called this a penalty on the field.

Hopefully Highsmith ends up being very good and we have the "problem" of trying to afford two very good pass rushers in a few years.
    Defensive guys move all the time prior to the snap. He wasn't in the neutral zone before the ball moved. With sensors now in the ball and player I would love to see how this looks in tracking software.

Legend

User Info Menu

Defensive guys move all the time prior to the snap. He wasn't in the neutral zone before the ball moved. With sensors now in the ball and player I would love to see how this looks in tracking software.
    I agree, but he's so close to the line and refs aren't looking in slo-mo.

He may have been offside or onside. He starts on the nose of the football, so he doesn't have to move far for it to be off.

The lines are also moving up and to the left. Which makes Highsmith look further away from the LoS than he would be from straight on.

I think his feet are onside for sure. But his helmet? Not sure.

It's not like refs are always right, but they would have had a better angle on this one.

And you probably take a few of these if it means he's getting that good a jump all day.

Looks like he'll be another good OLB for us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sights and Sounds of Week 1: