Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 131

Thread: Watt deal done

  1. #1
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Watt deal done

    Watching NFL Live right now. According to Shefter 4 years, $112M ($28M AAV) no word yet on guarantees

  2. #2
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Watching NFL Live right now. According to Shefter 4 years, $112M ($28M AAV) no word yet on guarantees
    Hot damn.. didn’t think it would be over $25 mill.

    I hope this works out for us.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  3. #3
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Time to move on!

    Let's go!

  4. #4
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    $28 mill per year for 4 years

    $80 mill guaranteed

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...on-80-million/
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

  5. #5
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Under $30M seems like a win.

    Just a touch ($242k/year) more than the prediction TO posted from Spotrac in the Watt thread.

    Personally I would have preferred more years even if it meant higher AAV.

    But this seems like a reasonably fair contract for Watt. Maybe even a bit cheap depending on who was doing the projections.

    Glad it's in the rear view.

  6. #6
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    $28 mill per year for 4 years

    $80 mill guaranteed

    https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...on-80-million/
    QB money right there.. whew.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?


  7. #7
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    For a guy that plays 85% of defensive snap counts. (His brother during the same career period was 93%).

  8. #8
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    Under $30M seems like a win.

    Just a touch ($242k/year) more than the prediction TO posted from Spotrac in the Watt thread.

    Personally I would have preferred more years even if it meant higher AAV.

    But this seems like a reasonably fair contract for Watt. Maybe even a bit cheap depending on who was doing the projections.

    Glad it's in the rear view.
    I guess the bright side of the shorter contract is there is less time for him to decline to something below that value.

    But my guess is that the market will increase faster than he declines for the next little while.

    It will put us in a tough spot next time though. I don't like big 3rd contracts.

    Maybe we tag him at the end of this for a year or two...but that's a problem for another day.

  9. #9
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    QB money right there.. whew.
    QB money is currently $40M+ (Mahomes, Allen, Prescot all at or over $40...Watson is @ $39M). You have to get out of the top 10 QBs by AAV to be < $30M.

    I think I've reminded you of this several times.

    Watt is the best (or maybe 2nd best) edge rusher in the game. Is it so unreasonable to think that he should be getting ~ 63% of the best QB in the game? I wonder what the ratio of highest D vs highest O AAV has been over time?
    Last edited by Northern_Blitz; 09-09-2021 at 05:05 PM.

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Good for him!!! Im sure his new wife to be is very happy…

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •