Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 70

Thread: Tre Norwood

  1. #11
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by whisper View Post
    Hargrave turned out good, looking good in Philly to this day, Sean Davis was another DB reach from MD/VA, whom this team is obsessed with (signing DBs from that area).
    Not a Single player from that Draft is with the Steelers today (and Hargrave is the only bright star whom plays for another team).

    Pretty Much the 2015 & 2016 Drafts have yielded us 2 significant Contributors and both are with another team (DuPree & Hargrave)

    This 2021 Draft might go down as one of the greatest of all time.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

  2. #12
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Not a Single player from that Draft is with the Steelers today (and Hargrave is the only bright star whom plays for another team).

    Pretty Much the 2015 & 2016 Drafts have yielded us 2 significant Contributors and both are with another team (DuPree & Hargrave)

    This 2021 Draft might go down as one of the greatest of all time.
    I wonder what a good benchmark is for a draft 5 or 6 years after the fact.

    It seems like these 2 drafts are below the line, but I wonder what a good target looks like here.

    Average NFL career is ~ three years. So I guess it's not surprising that the later picks aren't around 6 years later. But it would be nice if some of the higher round guys stuck around more.

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    According to PFF, Norwood was the highest-graded rookie CB for Week 6.
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I wonder what a good benchmark is for a draft 5 or 6 years after the fact.

    It seems like these 2 drafts are below the line, but I wonder what a good target looks like here.

    Average NFL career is ~ three years. So I guess it's not surprising that the later picks aren't around 6 years later. But it would be nice if some of the higher round guys stuck around more.
    The benchmark is to compete and win. Teams pretty much have a large majority of roster turnover every 4 or 5 seasons. Some reasons are most draft picks wash out, new talent is always coming into the league, disgruntled players want X, Y, or Z, players want to test the market, and there is not enough money to keep every quality player.

    Teams sign or attempt to sign key players and let the chips fall where they may.

  5. #15
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    According to PFF, Norwood was the highest-graded rookie CB for Week 6.
    Good rookie nickel and dime back. A find.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    PFF PIT Steelers
    @PFF_Steelers

    Tre Norwood: 84 yards allowed all season

    #2 among all CBs (min. 100 coverage snaps)
    No other rookie CB has allowed fewer than 115

    Seventh. Round. Pick.


    https://twitter.com/PFF_Steelers/sta...ions-in-nfl%2F
    Steel Maniac when he's wrong: "My predictions are time based." lmao

  7. #17
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    We've certainly had our share of misses.

    But Sutton was drafted late in the 3rd.

    And Pierre looks to have a floor of NFL CB.

    If Norwood can be a legit slot option, the CB depth chart next year won't be the terrible mess I was expecting.

    I think it will be interesting to see what we do with so few picks next off season.
    That how I see it on Norwood. A nice to have slot corner signed for cheap. Nothing wrong with that. He's rock solid just don't count on him as an outside starter.
    Plan to spend 75 million in cap space in 2022 ( most in the NFL ) and use the 2 comp picks ( 3rd and 5th ) for a killer 2022 draft. We will be back hopefully with better coaching.

  8. #18
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Having a good slot CB is almost as important as the outside guys in the modern game. It's why Hilton is making as much money as some outside CBs.

    Then you got a guy like Witherspoon who is never on field and is making more than any Steeler CB not named Haden. That is sad.

  9. #19
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Having a good slot CB is almost as important as the outside guys in the modern game. It's why Hilton is making as much money as some outside CBs.

    Then you got a guy like Witherspoon who is never on field and is making more than any Steeler CB not named Haden. That is sad.

    what's he making??

    I thought people on here said there wasn't enough money to go after veteran OL help

    ingram, schobert, witherspoon. ebron doing nothing. seems like room could have been made

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    what's he making??

    I thought people on here said there wasn't enough money to go after veteran OL help

    ingram, schobert, witherspoon. ebron doing nothing. seems like room could have been made
    They signed "veteran" Oline help. The signed Finney, Hassenauer, and Turner.

    The question is what "great" Olinemen could they had signed considering all the know factors at play during the team building process? What would the Steelers have to give up or lose in return to have one great Olineman?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •