Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: And the new starting Left tackle is

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    My guess is that by Monday we will be hearing calls for the Steelers to bench or cut both Moore and Green. There will be at least one person writing in to one of those Steeler columns asking if we think it would be a good idea for Ben to call Pouncey to try to talk him into returning.
    and don't forget the obligatory "Fire Tomlin"
    Only a true coward puts someone on ignore on a message board.

Legend

User Info Menu

IIRC most of the questions surrounding Moore were about him being starter ready. Most of what I saw in terms of scouting reports were that he was expected to be a good starting LT in this league just maybe not day 1. I'm hoping the fact that he looks like he will be starting is more about his abilities to play rather than nobody else looking like they can.
    This is what Tomlin referred to in his presser when he said Moore "came with more than we expected ". That's Tomlin speak for he's starter ready.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This is what Tomlin referred to in his presser when he said Moore "came with more than we expected ". That's Tomlin speak for he's starter ready.
    I hope so. The one thing that should always be with any coach speak is that nothing should be at face value. We entered training camp thinking that Green would be the acclaimed starter and Moore hopefully by the bye week but probably not until '22. Moore apparently looked like the best tackle in camp and hopefully is starting because he earned it, not just due to injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and don't forget the obligatory "Fire Tomlin"
    He's still here?

Legend

User Info Menu

He's still here?
    we should have fired Tomlin one minute after the Super Bowl loss to the Packers.

we have hung onto him too long, just like the Dolphins with Don Shula.

just look at how many Super Bowls the Dolphins have won as soon as they got rid of him.

oh wait...

Legend

User Info Menu

He's still here?
    ...as he should be and will be for much longer
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Legend

User Info Menu

Dan Moore Jr scored the highest of our OL in the Buffalo game according to PFF while Chuks sucked.

we may have found our long-time starter at LT, and in the 4th round to boot!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Dan Moore Jr scored the highest of our OL in the Buffalo game according to PFF while Chuks sucked.

we may have found our long-time starter at LT, and in the 4th round to boot!
    And "Happy" is the tallest of the 7 dwarfs.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

$$$$
    It's looking like AV out, Moore in could end up being a big ++++ for the Black & Gold!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    $$$$
    It's looking like AV out, Moore in could end up being a big ++++ for the Black & Gold!
    I think that the bigger question with Moore was not if, but when. He definitely has the pedigree - 3 year starting SEC LT, All SEC in 2020. I thought he would enter the starting lineup sometime between the bye week and the start of next season. We should expect a few hiccups along the way, but it looks like we have a starting NFL LT on our hands here.