Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots cut Can Newton

Legend

User Info Menu

Patriots cut Can Newton

I guess he wasn't Bill's cup of tea
    Taking pride in the fact that I'm right so often and he is wrong so often, that Steel Maniac has to have me on "Ignore"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yeah- just heard. Wow. I bet he was shocked. I was!

Your title should be, "Patriots Can Newton" ! Lol

Patriots do things just a little different, that's for sure. Wonder where he'll end up now?

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Wasn't his cup or his can. I'm surprised by it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Belichick can't help himself. He loves cheap QBs and there is none cheaper than a rookie. They spent a ton of money on FA TEs so all Jones needs to do is check down to one of those guys. You don't need a Newton arm for that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Belichick can't help himself. He loves cheap QBs and there is none cheaper than a rookie. They spent a ton of money on FA TEs so all Jones needs to do is check down to one of those guys. You don't need a Newton arm for that.
    I think Cam not being vaccinated pissed Bill off. Missing a preseason game because he broke protocol is a bad look when fighting for a roster spot.

Wentz is also in 5 day quarantine due to not being vaccinated.

I think there will be a lot of missed games this year by QB’s due to their stance on the vaccine and the way the NFL is handling it.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think Cam not being vaccinated pissed Bill off. Missing a preseason game because he broke protocol is a bad look when fighting for a roster spot.

Wentz is also in 5 day quarantine due to not being vaccinated.

I think there will be a lot of missed games this year by QBís due to their stance on the vaccine and the way the NFL is handling it.
    That was definitely part of the decision. He became expendable when Jones outplayed him in the preseason and his vaccination status made the decision easier.
    Last edited by SteelBucks; 08-31-2021 at 11:10 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    That was definitely part of the decision. He became expendable when Jones outplayed him in the preseason and his vaccination status made the decision easier.
    I think there may have been some shenanigans by the Pats.. lol.

The story is Cam was approved by the Pats to see a doctor who wasn’t in the New England area. Confusion by the NFL/NFLPA on protocol led to him being forced to miss 5 days even though all his test were negative. Something about “confusion over how test are administered” offsite

Maybe it was a misunderstanding but it may have been a “you want to go where and you haven’t been vaccinated? yeah.. sure”

*Tosses Mac the starting red jersey for practice*

Panthers should take him back or maybe Rivera in Washington. He is running out of time.
    Tomlinís coming back so what can you do?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I think there may have been some shenanigans by the Pats.. lol.

The story is Cam was approved by the Pats to see a doctor who wasn’t in the New England area. Confusion by the NFL/NFLPA on protocol led to him being forced to miss 5 days even though all his test were negative. Something about “confusion over how test are administered” offsite

Maybe it was a misunderstanding but it may have been a “you want to go where and you haven’t been vaccinated? yeah.. sure”

*Tosses Mac the starting red jersey for practice*

Panthers should take him back or maybe Rivera in Washington. He is running out of time.
    Texans will snap him up. They need an interim starter like NE did last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think this is a surprise.

But he played pretty poorly last year.

The vaccination stuff may have pissed them off...but presumably actually having covid is better than getting a vaccine for future protection (at least that's my understanding for the durability of most immunity).

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Northern_Blitz View Post
    I think this is a surprise.

But he played pretty poorly last year.

The vaccination stuff may have pissed them off...but presumably actually having covid is better than getting a vaccine for future protection (at least that's my understanding for the durability of most immunity).
    except Newton tested positive last year as well. And the rules are written so that vax'd players have better options even if they test positive.